***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Oct 26, 2008.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Vyckie as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

I have 3 DD's from a previous marriage, all naturally conceived (no twins). Alecia is 15 (will be 16 on 11/9), Brittney is 12 and Maritza is 9. DH and I got married in May of 06 and but we knew before we got married that we wanted to have a child together. He doesn't have any children of his own. So we looked into what my insurance would cover for infertility. Since in 03 I had an ectopic that ruptured and my other tube is badly blocked we knew that we would have to go through IVF. So we got the coverage and began trying in February of 07. 3 Failed cycles and we were getting pretty discouraged. So we took a break over the summer. I got all the hormones out of my body and enjoyed the summer with beer, my birthday and family. And we got started again in late August and had ER on 9/5 and ET on 9/8 and now we are almost 9 weeks pregnant with twins. We found out that we were having twins at our first u/s on 10/10. And we couldn't be more excited now.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Vyckie! :wavey:

What do your DD's think about having twin siblings?

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not been able to/wanted to eat with this pregnancy?

3. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Hi :) Congratulations!!!

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

HI!!!

My older kids are not to far from yours in ages - 14,almost 12 an 10 next week! and let me tell you!! just wait until those babies arrive!! it is so sweet!! I did IVF to have my twins too!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

baby things have changed so much since our older kids were babies! Have you seen anything "baby" that you didn't have with your girls that you just have to have with these?

Do you plan on finding out the sexes before they are born?

5. vyckie72

vyckie72 Well-Known Member

Amy - My DD's are pretty excited. My oldest thinks she will be slighted and not get anything anymore, but I think she is just in that selfish teenage stage. She is very happy for us. My youngest is over the moon. She can't wait for us to find out what we are having and for them to get here.

As for cravings, I can't get enough of peanut butter. It's funny. I see a simple PB & J sandwich and I have to have it.

And stuff that I can't eat anymore not too much, but my husband loves mushrooms and he has to eat them in the other room because I can't stand the smell of them. And the other day DH and youngest DD were carving pumkins and I thought I would join them, but the smell of the pumpkin was too much for me to take.

Heathermomof5 - There is so much out there that I didn't have when DD's were babies. I'm so excited about some of this stuff. Of course I have pregnancy brain right now and can't remember the things that I have to have. But the swings and bouncers seats are soooo much nicer now. I really can't wait.

And I totally am going to find out what the sexes are as soon as we can.

Thanks for the questions, lets keep them coming.

6. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

First of all congrats on your twins!!!!! :woohoo:

Do you feel prepared for having 2 infants at one time?

7. vyckie72

QUOTE(Joanna416 @ Oct 27 2008, 10:39 AM) [snapback]1043763[/snapback]
    First of all congrats on your twins!!!!! :woohoo:

Do you feel prepared for having 2 infants at one time?

Not quite yet. I'm still trying to get used to the idea. I know from just having my DD's that just running to the store to get some milk is hard, but with twins I'm sure I will be sending DH more often. LOL. That's one thing I love about this sight, is that I can get alot of great advice from woman who have already had twins and can give us the heads up on what to expect.

8. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

:wavey:!
    Congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!! :clapping:

How has this pregnancy been different from your singleton pregnancies so far?

Are you planning on being a Stay at home mom or going to work?

9. vyckie72

QUOTE(tamaras @ Oct 27 2008, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1044138[/snapback]
    :wavey:!
    Congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!! :clapping:

How has this pregnancy been different from your singleton pregnancies so far?

Are you planning on being a Stay at home mom or going to work?

So far I have had more m/s with this pregnancy. With my DD's I just had heartburn. I also get tired super fast, but I was also younger when I had my girls. That might have something to do with it. ;) I am popping out quite a bit faster now. At 9 weeks even my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I wasn't popping. Otherwise that is about it on differences so far. The rest is yet to come.

I will actually have to go back to work. We really need the two incomes. The woman who was the child care provider for all 3 of my DD's still does daycare and her home is not far from my job, and I have already spoken to her and she will be more than happy to take the twins. She was so wonderful with the girls that I know the twins will be in very good hands.

10. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

Congrats! How is your family (parents) taking the news of twins? Dh's?

Will these be the first twin set in both of your families?

Its really funny and cute when someone sends you the first matching outfit and it really hits you that you are going to have 2 little ones. (At least that's what happened with me!)

Good luck and I wish you a healthy, uneventful pregnancy.

11. vyckie72

QUOTE(Kimani @ Oct 28 2008, 06:19 AM) [snapback]1045126[/snapback]
    Congrats! How is your family (parents) taking the news of twins? Dh's?

Will these be the first twin set in both of your families?

Its really funny and cute when someone sends you the first matching outfit and it really hits you that you are going to have 2 little ones. (At least that's what happened with me!)

Good luck and I wish you a healthy, uneventful pregnancy.

Thanks for the welcome and congrats.

My family has been very supportive through our whole IVF process and were thrilled for us when we finally got pregnant and really thrilled for us when we found out that we were having twins. DH's family is over the moon. They only have 1 grandchild so 2 more just made their year.

I can't wait to find out what we are having so that I can start getting clothes and registering for things for them. I've already begun registering for some things, but there is so much more that I want to get. I was also thinking about making t-shirts for my 3 DD's that say "big sister of twins", "bigger sister of twins", and "biggest sister of twins". What do you guys think?

12. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vyckie72 @ Oct 28 2008, 11:21 AM) [snapback]1045393[/snapback]
    Thanks for the welcome and congrats.

My family has been very supportive through our whole IVF process and were thrilled for us when we finally got pregnant and really thrilled for us when we found out that we were having twins. DH's family is over the moon. They only have 1 grandchild so 2 more just made their year.

I can't wait to find out what we are having so that I can start getting clothes and registering for things for them. I've already begun registering for some things, but there is so much more that I want to get. I was also thinking about making t-shirts for my 3 DD's that say "big sister of twins", "bigger sister of twins", and "biggest sister of twins". What do you guys think?

I just think that is adorable!!!!!!

13. nana2three

nana2three Well-Known Member

I was also thinking about making t-shirts for my 3 DD's that say "big sister of twins", "bigger sister of twins", and "biggest sister of twins". What do you guys think?

Such a cute idea!

14. vyckie72

Thanks you guys. It will be fun to do.