~* Meet the Mama *~

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by moski, Feb 24, 2008.

1. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Yania as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

My name is Yania, I am 25, and have been married for 5.5 years. I work full time in tech support. I make merge items, print and give the people in the building their work for the day. I have my degree in Graphics Art and Multi Media. After this pregnancy I do want to go back to school for photography. In my spare time I run a small exotic animal rescue. Animals are my life, they have been for so long. I take care of sugar gliders, hedgehogs, chinchillas and rabbits, and anything else that is small. Currently since my husband has to do it all now, I can not take any more in. I rehabilitate the ones that I can and then find them new homes. The ones that are not adoptable stay here with me until they can be or the rest of their life. When we tried for so long to have kids and nothing worked, I replaced that with animals so to speak.

We tried for 5 years to have kids, and finally I was dignosed with PCOS, and it shattered my world because it just seemed that nothing would work. We did IVF, and on try number two, pregnant with identical twins. They had put three embryos back, I miscarried one, and one didn't take, and the one that was left, split and now I will have two miracle babies. I have been on bes rest since about 5 weeks, and I am only 12weeks 4 days along. I've had a lot of problems with this pregnancy and just hope that they stay and cook for as long as possible.

2. bran24

bran24 Well-Known Member

I don't have any questions, but wanted to say hello. My husband and I had a hedgehog a few years ago, however I think we got him from a very bad petstore. :(

Take it easy on bed rest and congratulations on getting this far! I wish you the best of luck. :)

Bran

3. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

Hey Yania,

I hope all is going well... Bed rest is boring I'm right there with you. It will fly by though. I have degrees in both graphics and multimedia as well and a background in photography, metal sculpture, and other art forms.

1) What other art forms do you do?

2) Mac, PC, or multi platform? Photography, Digital or film? What style of design do you do?

3) Do you have any ferrets?

4) Have you started thinking of baby names? Looking for popular or unique names?

5) Are you going to design your own birth announcements/thank you cards?

Best Wishes

Paige

4. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinreverb @ Feb 24 2008, 07:21 PM) [snapback]638520[/snapback]
    Hey Yania,

I hope all is going well... Bed rest is boring I'm right there with you. It will fly by though. I have degrees in both graphics and multimedia as well and a background in photography, metal sculpture, and other art forms.

1) What other art forms do you do?

I love doing photomanipulation, and regular drawing. If you want I can post a link to where some of my artwork is.

2) Mac, PC, or multi platform? Photography, Digital or film? What style of design do you do?
    I can work on both Mac and PC, but I do mostly PC, as no mac is available. I love both Digital, and regular film. Digital, then I don't have to scan in and change resolution and what not.

3) Do you have any ferrets?
    No ferrets, to smelly for me :p

4) Have you started thinking of baby names? Looking for popular or unique names?
    For baby names I love Saphyre Ryver and Saffron Rayn, but my husband says Saphyre is a stripper name, and I can't have both Saphyre or Saffron because they sound to much alike. He is more traditional. For boys I like Sylar, Jasper, and Syrius

5) Are you going to design your own birth announcements/thank you cards?
    I probably will, but a friend that helps me with the animals every now and then might also, it just depends on how I feel.

Best Wishes

Paige

5. cynthia502

cynthia502 Well-Known Member

Hello Yania - -

Take it easy on bedrest and let your dh cater to you!!! Hopefully time will fly by quickly for you both. Where are you from that you have all these small exotic animals to care for? How do you find them? Do people call you? I think that is very interesting. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and keep us posted!!!

6. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Cynthia502 @ Feb 24 2008, 08:34 PM) [snapback]638563[/snapback]
    Hello Yania - -

Take it easy on bedrest and let your dh cater to you!!! Hopefully time will fly by quickly for you both. Where are you from that you have all these small exotic animals to care for? How do you find them? Do people call you? I think that is very interesting. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and keep us posted!!!

I am in Illinois. Sometime people call, email, sometimes it is other people calling not knowning what to do about a situation that they see. Like some pet stores sell, hedgehogs and sugar gliders, and because they do not properly know how to care for them, can be quite difficult to handle and to get to bond, often will bite alot and just be mean. Occasionally you will get lucky ones that are sweethearts. Sometimes they come from people who at the time thought they were cool pets, and then realized well they don't have the time, or patiences to deal with them

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Yania!

1. How did you get into rescuing and caring for exotic animals?

2. Where did you meet your husband?

3. What was your favorite vacation?

4. How would you spend the day if you were given today, just one day, off of bedrest?

8. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 25 2008, 08:21 AM) [snapback]638908[/snapback]
    Hi Yania!

1. How did you get into rescuing and caring for exotic animals?
    I always had a soft spot for animals, and as I learned more about them, I realized how many were mistreated, and soon, I had a basement full of animals that just needed the right person to love.

2. Where did you meet your husband?
    My husband was actually the next door neighbor. I knew him for 6 years, as we both got old, we were just friends and it turned from there. We dated for 6 months and then got married, and I have never regretted it a day in my life. It was the best thing I could ever of done with my life.

3. What was your favorite vacation?
    Well I am still waiting on my honeymoon, since when we got married we were having a house built so that equals no money. But one day it's going to be Hawaii

4. How would you spend the day if you were given today, just one day, off of bedrest?
    I would go to the moviees, and let all of my animals play and jump on me. My husband has to take care of them right now. I can't play with them atm the chins and the suggies all move to fast for me, and since I am on strict bed rest, no playtime. They all love to run a muck in their playroom though that has been animal proofed. Oh and I would cook my husband a Thanksgiving Dinner. See he was out of town, and I was working anywhere between 13-16 hours a day 7 days a week at the time, (busy part of the year) and then we did the IVF, and things kind of just went downhill. :( So I was never able to give him his Thanksgiving. Maybe after the babies are here, or when I am allowed up, I can make him one.

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi!

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not wanted to eat this pregnancy?

10. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Feb 26 2008, 03:08 PM) [snapback]641398[/snapback]
    Hi!

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?
    I haven't really craved anything, I'm suprised.

What food have you not wanted to eat this pregnancy?
    I'm a picky eater to begin with so, I don't want to try anything new. My husband made jumblia(sp?) with cajian sausage and chicken last night, and I thought is was horrible, I felt bad telling him I didn't like it, he was so proud of himself for making it too. LOL

11. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 24 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]638420[/snapback]
    Let's welcome Yania as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've been wondering about. Here is a little about her:
    My name is Yania, I am 25, and have been married for 5.5 years. I work full time in tech support. I make merge items, print and give the people in the building their work for the day. I have my degree in Graphics Art and Multi Media. After this pregnancy I do want to go back to school for photography. In my spare time I run a small exotic animal rescue. Animals are my life, they have been for so long. I take care of sugar gliders, hedgehogs, chinchillas and rabbits, and anything else that is small. Currently since my husband has to do it all now, I can not take any more in. I rehabilitate the ones that I can and then find them new homes. The ones that are not adoptable stay here with me until they can be or the rest of their life. When we tried for so long to have kids and nothing worked, I replaced that with animals so to speak.

We tried for 5 years to have kids, and finally I was dignosed with PCOS, and it shattered my world because it just seemed that nothing would work. We did IVF, and on try number two, pregnant with identical twins. They had put three embryos back, I miscarried one, and one didn't take, and the one that was left, split and now I will have two miracle babies. I have been on bes rest since about 5 weeks, and I am only 12weeks 4 days along. I've had a lot of problems with this pregnancy and just hope that they stay and cook for as long as possible.

wow thats amazing you went from graphic design to animal rescue! how wonderful u are having ID twins after 5 yrs of being unable to concieve:( I wish u the best of luck and a uneventful 2/3 trimester!

12. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2+2more! @ Feb 27 2008, 02:07 PM) [snapback]643143[/snapback]
    wow thats amazing you went from graphic design to animal rescue! how wonderful u are having ID twins after 5 yrs of being unable to concieve:( I wish u the best of luck and a uneventful 2/3 trimester!

Well I still do my graphics, I freelance and do a lot of designs for people just for hte fun of it. :) I'm not a city girl, and most graphic jobs are down town. But when I get home from work for the day, then it is time for the animals. :) Both as my passions, and could never live without.

13. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Hi Yaniah,
    Welcome to the spotlight!
    You sound like such an interesting gal; I don't know where to start!
    But my favorite questions are always,
    1) If I were to visit your home town, where should I eat? shop?

2) what is the weirdest animal you've ever cared for?

14. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Overachiever @ Mar 1 2008, 12:33 AM) [snapback]647779[/snapback]
    Hi Yaniah,
    Welcome to the spotlight!
    You sound like such an interesting gal; I don't know where to start!
    But my favorite questions are always,
    1) If I were to visit your home town, where should I eat? shop?
    Prenos to eat, and nothing fabolus to hsop at.

2) what is the weirdest animal you've ever cared for?
    I would say the hedgehog when I first got them. I wasn't sure what to do with them, and then, tons of research later, and I'm armed with knowledge now.
    :)
    When I have time thought I volunteer at an animal sanctuary, which I haven't been able to do for quite some time, but there, it would have to be the kinkajous ( I LOVE THEM and I WANT ONE SO BAD), the fennic foxes, and the courger.