**Meet The Mama! Spencersgirl**

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Aug 16, 2009.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Let's welcome Melissa as this week's Meet the Mama. :Clap: It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

My name is Melissa, but everyone calls me Lissa. I'm 27 yrs old, almost 28. I live in Michigan, West Michigan to be more specific. I've been married for almost 5 years now and I have a son, Zachary, who will be 3 in September. I'm a SAHM and I have no plans to go back to work until the twins are in school. I found out I was having twins at my U/S at 6 weeks and I nearly fell off the table when the tech showed me the two fetal poles and heartbeats. I'm sure that I'm having 2 more boys but really hope I'm wrong since this is my last pregnancy and I would like at least one girl.

2. TwinLove

:wavey: Melissa!

How far along are you?

Have you guys thought of any names?

Are you going to find out the sexes?

3. spencersgirl

spencersgirl Active Member

I'm 17 weeks.

We have names set in stone for girls but are still working on boy names.

We do plan on finding out the sexes if they can tell.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wavey: Melissa!

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not wanted to eat/been able to eat with this pregnancy?

5. spencersgirl

I haven't been craving one specific thing but I have been craving all fruits. It's all I want to eat all day long.

The one thing I can't stand eating at all is corn. It was my favorite veggie before I got pregnant and now I can't stand it.

6. TwinLove

Oh Fruits are a good thing to crave. :good:

If you could live in any time period, what period would it be and why?

7. spencersgirl

I really have no clue. I've never really been into history so I don't know enough about the time periods to choose one.

8. TwinLove

Well you better start reading up then and come back with an answer. :laughing:

What do you do and the hubby do for fun?

9. spencersgirl

We like to golf and walk on the beach, we live about 10 minutes from lake Michigan, we also love to go to sporting events. Baseball both major and minor league and hockey games.

10. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa!! :wavey: Congrat's on your Twin Pregnancy!! :yahoo:

What was your DH's reaction when you found out it was twins?

What are you most excited for/scared for with twins?

11. spencersgirl

Thank you.

I didn't actually get to see his reaction to finding out it was twins. I had an U/S scheduled for 6 weeks due to a previous pregnancy that had no heartbeat and he was unable to go to the appt with me so I was under orders from him to call as soon as I was finished to let him know how it went. So right after my appointment I called his store and asked his manager if he could call him to the phone. When he got on the phone I asked him if he was sitting down and the first thing he said was please tell me there was a heartbeat. So I told him yep there was a heartbeat and it was 123 and the second one was 95. He got real quiet and said what do you mean the second one. I don't think that it really sunk in for him until a week later when I went back in for another U/S and he got to see both babies.

I have to say that the most exciting part for me is that I never have to be pregnant again. We never planned on having more than 3 kids so the twins will complete our family. I love babies but hate being pregnant, Except for feeling the babies move inside I love that part.
    I'm not sure what scares me the most about twins. Probably being up all night with them. I remember how hard it was with one and I can only imagine how hard it will be with two.

12. TwinLove

What things irritate you? (go easy on your husband here :laughing: )

13. spencersgirl

Getting heartburn from everything I eat and drink.
    My son asking me to do everything for him even when my husband is right next to me and could do it himself.
    Having to nag said husband to clean the cat litter when he knows I can’t do it myself and the smell makes me gag when it isn’t cleaned every day.
    Getting asked if I had fertility treatments to get pregnant. Not that there is anything wrong with having treatments done but why do people assume that because I’m having twins they must be the result of IVF.
    This list could go on and on but those are the big ones right now.