Measuring like a 37 week pregnancy with single baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by akuaba, Jan 29, 2008.

1. akuaba

akuaba Well-Known Member

I just had to pass this along. I found this quite amusing. I went to see the doctor today for a check-up and the glucola (?) test. To make sure that I don't have gestational diabetes. I have gained 4.5 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! Oh my goodness. I asked the nurse about it and she said that it happens at this stage of the game. She measured my belly and I am measuring at 37 weeks for a single pregnancy. I am only 27 weeks 5 days with twins! It really made me feel better as I can't do too much anymore. No wonder!?! This next trimester is going to be a doozy. Wow..I am probably going to gain a bunch of weight? I thought that folks gain a lot of weight during the 3rd trimester. Thank goodness it's mostly in my stomach. I just don't know how far my stomach can stretch? This is quite a journey.
    Oh..and I met with a NP Midwife. She was so awesome. Compared to the bedside manner of most of the doctors in the practice I go to. It was a breath of fresh air. She told me that I was doing a great job and I look great and all the things you want to hear. My other doctors are okay...but that extra encouragement and pats on the back are really nice.
    Take care everyone!!
    [​IMG]

2. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Glad everything is goind well and you are feeling good. Keep up the good work.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad everything is going well. I always felt much further along with my twins than I did with my singleton.

4. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

I've been measuring around 8 weeks ahead recently. I also had a jump in weight this last couple weeks. I'm hoping it doesn't continue that way though. sounds like your doing great.

5. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

Sounds great. I always measured at least 11 weeks ahead. I delivered at 35 weeks exactly and measured 50 weeks!

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Good work growing those babies! :Clap: I measured 47 weeks when I had the girls at 35.3 weeks so you are definitely going to get a bit bigger. :) It sounds like you're doing fantastic!

7. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that's big :)
    I say that as a veteran, of course!

8. JediMom

JediMom Well-Known Member

I read that normal is 8-10 weeks ahead for a single PG. So you are right on target. My doc said I was closer to 11 or 12 weeks. Lord, I can't imagine having two huge babies like my first DS. He was almost 9lbs at birth and has ALWAYS been in the 95th percentile for height/weight.