Maybe? Expecting twins...???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by LunasMommy, Mar 13, 2016.

1. LunasMommy

LunasMommy New Member

image.jpeg

I'm really confused as well as a little heart broken, I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks two days with ultrasound and was told there were two gestational sacs (I'll upload the ultrasound picture) my fiancé and I were ecstatic. We already have a wonderfully sassy 4 year old (going on 30) anyways fast forward to today (three weeks later) I have really bad cramping plus I haven't been able to keep ANYTHING down not even water so I decided to go to the ER where the tech told me I was actually 9 weeks and there is only one baby. THEN they told me my Hgc hormones were double the normal and I just don't feel like she even looked around just found one and said it was one, has anyone had a missed fraternal twin at 9 week US? I'm just so sad now

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I didn't find out about my twins until about 12 weeks, but if I were you, I would call my regular OB and see if they'll do another ultrasound. Good luck!

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would think that double the normal HCG level would indicate more than one. I'd get a second opinion to ease your mind. Please let us know what you find out. *hugs* and congratulations.