Maternity clothes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lharrison1, Jun 21, 2013.

1. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Where did you or do you buy your maternity clothes? I shopped at Old Navy mostly but by the end of my pregnancy I had a real tough time finding clothes that fit my twin belly. Where do you all shop? Anyone have suggestions for our newly expecting moms?

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I scoped out Old Navy for most of my maternity clothes. If I did need more dressy type clothes, I went to Motherhood Maternity. I always thought they had such nice looking clothes. Sometimes I debate going in there to do my shopping now! ;)

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I loved Gap for maternity clothes--basically all cotton stuff, while I feel like so much of the selection is some polyester blend that will burst into flame if I get too near a candle. I also got a lot from JCPenney with the twins.

This time, I ended up with a lot of Gap stuff, some Motherhood maternity stuff, some Old Navy stuff, and some stuff from a company called Simply Be out of England (it's plus size stuff). I find it so hard to find work clothes (I'm a lawyer, so I'm more business formal most of the time) when you aren't under a size 12. So my go tos were Gap and this Simply Be company--lots of different pant shapes. I ended up having to buy a lot of new stuff this time because (1) I don't know what I was thinking 5 years ago with some of this stuff and (2) I was pregnant with the twins in winter and now this baby in summer.

ETA: I find the Gap and ON maternity tops to be crazy long--like too long for me at 7 months pregnant with a singleton. So I think they'd be ideal for covering twin bellies (and the Gap stuff was the stuff I had no issue with coverage wise with the twins. If anything, it's longer now.)

1 person likes this.
  4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Shut up!! Dont you dare Meaghan! LOL!!! :friends:

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Target. I actually still wear some of the shirts at a year pp. They were big enough to cover the twin belly but are cut in a way that you don't look funny wearing them when you aren't pregnant. This is really helpful to accommodate by post twins, bfing body. I also got a couple nice dresses that I really like. Unfortunately, those aren't as versatile as the shirts. If I had needed something really nice for work or a wedding or something, Motherhood Maternity was my place.

6. rrodman

Totally forgot about Target! I've gotten a ton of stuff from there for this pregnancy.

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am plus size and naturally have a really long torso so I never found a maternity brand I liked. Rather, 3 sizes bigger than what I normally wear in plus size clothes worked best for me.

8. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

I didn't buy a whole bunch of maternity stuff because at some point I became too big for the normal stuff. I pretty much bought plus sized things and pieces with elastic. This go round, with one, I'm mainly in Old Navy stuff, maxi dresses rock, with a few pair of maternity bottoms from Motherhood.

9. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Old Navy, Gap & Target here. I do remember with my twins at about 8 months my maternity tops didn't fit, I had to buy plus size tops for work. (I was a size 2-4 before I got pregnant) :tomato:

10. rrodman

Maxi dresses are awesome. I bought one though that was super short. So frustrating to end up with a tea length maxi dress.

11. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I got a lot of nice things at Sears.

12. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

because I was a 3X when I got pg, most of my (limited) stuff came from Motherhood - I got some stuff from JCPenney....

13. OahuLove2

OahuLove2 Active Member

I just got a dress from ASOS maternity online and it turned out to be very cute. It was on sale for $29, too! I will definitely be buying some more cute dresses from them. Here's the link: http://us.asos.com/Women-Maternity/rsry2/?cid=5813&via=top

14. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Goodwill, Kohls and friends who were willing to donate. Now at home I wear DH's bigger t-shirts and comfy shorts.