lost mucus plug... i think

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by efmolly, May 23, 2009.

1. efmolly

efmolly Well-Known Member

I think I lost my mucus plus yesterday. I was nervous so I quickly grabbed my books to read about it and from what I gather it could still be a couple of weeks before I go into labor. For any of you ladies who have experienced this, how long after you lost your mucus plug before labor started?

2. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

What was the experience? What did it look like?

3. efmolly

efmolly Well-Known Member

It wasn't totaly clear like some ladies have posted on here, but it was a thick glob (sorry that sounds so gross!) unlike I've seen before. All my books say it happens when you are dilated and my doc said I was about 3cm this week- so I guess I just conected the dots.

4. fromthecabbagepatch

fromthecabbagepatch Well-Known Member

Sounds like it to me. But like you read it could be a little while still. But you are almost there!! I'd try and take it easy if I were you and try and make them stay in for a bit more... seeing as you aren't 37 weeks yet. You want those babies ready to come out and meet the world (and avoid the NICU if possible).

God bless and good luck to you!!

Can't wait to hear about your babies.

Waiting my turn :)

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That was about the time I lost mine with the twins. I didn't have them for a few more weeks. I lost my mucus plug with my last pregnancy the night before I gave birth.

6. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I've read that sometimes it can be 2 wks. later before going into labor.So I think you'll be fine.keep us posted.

7. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

my best friend lost hers in the shower, but didn't have her baby for 2 more weeks. i lost mine with DS in the morning and my water broke that night. so, unfortunately, it doesn't tell you much at all! bummer!

8. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

With a singleton I lost it at about 34 weeks, and delivered her at 39 weeks. Doesn't mean much other than you're getting closer!

9. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

With my singleton I lost mine in the shower one morning but didn't go into labor until a few days later. I never lost it with the twins.

10. shlbifish

shlbifish Well-Known Member

I lost mine this week too... Thursday I think and nothing has happened to me. I was so excited though since I don't remember that happening with my DS. I've heard it can be now until 2 weeks as well...I was soooooooooo bummed. I was 35 weeks 1 day when it happened. Gross but exciting...I called DH into the bathroom, let's say he was LESS than thrilled!

11. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

From what i remember... bear with me its been awile....

When it's big glob with blood or blood tinged... birth is usually within 24 hours

When it's a big glob just a bit cloudly or clear.... birth happens within 2 weeks.
    #2 is what happened to me .... just was sitting there peeing than plop it went in the toilet. My body started to go into labor 9 days later, but of course after we found out that we lost taylor....immediate c section.