looking for one large ($150ish) gift idea for my 5 yo dd

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by tammygb, Oct 31, 2007.

1. tammygb

tammygb Well-Known Member

does anyone have any ideas for her, for christmas? she's into princesses, barbies, highschool musical, etc. but she has way too many toys, so i want to get something substancial for her rather than multiple toys.

2. jamey

jamey Well-Known Member

Does she have any interest in the American Girl Dolls? They are pretty pricey. I think my DD was 7 before she got one, but at 9 - she still loves it. I almost hate to see the catalogs come in the mail, because they have the CUTEST collections!

3. tammygb

tammygb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jamey @ Oct 31 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]475309[/snapback]
    Does she have any interest in the American Girl Dolls?

not yet. i'm not sure i want to turn her onto it!

4. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Does she have a large doll house? That's what we got DD when she was about 5. Her and her brothers still get in there and play with it. She wants her updated to one that looks like this TRU Doll house, but her's looks almost the same.

5. Kathlene

Kathlene Well-Known Member

Maybe a swing set or a bike.

6. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

We are getting my 5yo DD a large dollhouse this year. She has so many little things, it should work out well.

7. guestd

guestd Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are for video games, but we got my oldest son a Nintendo Gameboy when he was 4 1/2. Then he got a Nintento DS for his 6th birhtday. He loves it. They make them in pink and also have barbie games and stuff for them. He also has a Leapster that plays learning games.

8. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

How about a MyTwinn doll? http://www.mytwinn.com/ You customize the hair color and style, eye color, face shape, skin color....they're sooo cool. I'd get one for Ally if I could convince dh to let me spend $130 on a doll.

If you decide to get the doll, you can get a better deal on QVC than on the mytwinn website: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail