Lightweight side-by-side stroller recs?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by nerdgirl, Apr 30, 2012.

1. nerdgirl

nerdgirl Active Member

I just found out my friend is traveling to the US and will be able to bring me back any stroller I can order on Amazon, so the world is my oyster. I've loved my single Maclaren Volo - I've had it for about six years and it is still holding up really well after near-daily use - but in reading comments on Amazon about the Twin Triumph, people have been critical of the quality. I'd like an umbrella where the seats recline so I can have babies sleeping there, and it needs to be lightweight enough that we can take it on a plane. It will also need to be big enough to accommodate up to 60-70 combined lbs of kids (I'd like to use it for a LONG time). Any recommendations?

FWIW - she's bringing back a double snap-n-go and I already have a jogger-style double, so it's just the lightweight stroller we need now.

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I have a peg perego aria, I love it. It reclines, it's light weight and the max weight is 100lbs.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lightweight umbrella stroller would be the Jeep Wrangler. It holds up to 35 pounds per seat, so 70 pounds total.

4. twindadjoe

twindadjoe Member

We used a Jeep Wrangler side-by-side too with our twin girls. It was pretty rugged and served us well.

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

HAHA, I read the thread title as "Lightweight side-by-side stroller races." I was wondering who the supermoms were that were already planning on running races with twins. :laughing:

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

The jeep is the best

7. aussiemom

aussiemom Administrator Staff Member TS Moderator