lego storage

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ilovemykids, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

for christmas we got our LOs a TON of lego kits.  a lot of them are boxes of things that they build.  does anyone have a way they keep all of their projects separate and then where do you store all the pieces?

not sure if this makes sense.
    for example - if i buy a lego car box, i was thinking of keeping all the pieces for that project in a ziploc, then putting them in a rubbermaid or something that fit under the bed.

2. tarcoulis

tarcoulis Well-Known Member

I tried that for a while but they wanted to mix and match bricks and accessories from different sets and make up their own creations.  Now the pieces are all mixed up in a big box.  I figured that the best thing about lego is the creativity and its more creative to make up your own things (even if they look strange) than build the same lego projects over and over. 

3. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Check Pinterest I know I emailed my coworker a cute storage on there last year:)

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We don't keep them in separate boxes either. Once the initial build is done, they just play with them until the pieces fall off, then they all go in a large bin. Some people do the ziplock in the original boxes and put the boxes in a closet.

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids like to build them then keep them built.  This presents a huge problem, my older 1 probably have 20+ sets built in their room :/  I wish they would take them apart.

However, the few sets they did take apart, are in ziploc bags and stored in a rubbermaid container.  It works well for us.  But they also have a huge tub of "pieces" to be creative with that they use all the time too!