KYsweetheart

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinzmom2b, Sep 8, 2007.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

How did your apt. go today? Weren't you supposed to take the 24 hour urine sample back to have it tested for possible toxemia? I hope that things went well. Please let us know!

2. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

:8714bumper:

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Come on! People want to know! How was it?!

4. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

It was horrible! When I took the results back to the hospital, the people in registration couldn't find my charts! They sent me all over the place looking for them at different registration places (which is their job to do), and then finally, when I made it to the lab, the lab tech. wouldn't take my blood because I didn't have an armband! SO I had to go all the way back to registration to get an armband! I thought, good thing I am at the hospital incase I go into labor over all this!!

They finally took my blood and that was it... told me to call my OB's office Monday morning and see if they had the results!

So I know no more than I did before! :( I think I do have Toxemia... my BP has been high yesterday and today, and I am swelling up pretty bad! :(

Thank you for thinking of me :hug99:

5. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

Jamie!! That's an awful way to treat their patient!!! I can't believe they had the nerve (and you had the patience for it) to send you all over the place like that. You poor dear.

I hope you get better than expected results tomorrow. Please keep us posted. I can't remember - are you going for a VBAC or repeat c/s?

6. KYsweetheart

A c-section. Which is why I am surprised they aren't too concerned I am dilating and am having mild contractions. Ah well... maybe I will be a VBAC, ;)

7. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KYsweetheart @ Sep 9 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]400090[/snapback]
    A c-section. Which is why I am surprised they aren't too concerned I am dilating and am having mild contractions. Ah well... maybe I will be a VBAC, ;)

LOL! you never know... sometimes these things have a way of happening without waiting for "permission".... Hope you don't have toxemia though... and I hope that your little one is delivered safe and sound at the right time!

8. KYsweetheart

I was expecting a call from the OB's office this morning, but nothing yet. :( If they haven't called by early afternoon I am going to call them. Surely they will get the results pretty quick since the labs were done through the hospital and the hosp. is usually pretty quick with that kind of stuff...

9. twinzmom2b

How frustrating...you are patient...I would've called by now :0

10. KYsweetheart

I thought about calling, but now I've waited to late... they are closed for lunch from 12-2 that seems awful long, LOL

11. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

Hope 12-2 comes and goes quickly! You can bet I'd be calling at 2:02!

12. becky5

becky5 Guest

Thinking about you Jamie. :hug99:

13. KYsweetheart

So I called, and my OB isn't in. His nurse said they hadn't recieved the results, but should by tomorrow. She will definitely call tomorrow with his 'orders' when they get them in. So I am on pins and needles.

14. Susanna+3

okay....why does it seem ridiculous to me that they don't have the results yet??...I mean if you really are having toxemia wouldn't they want to know ASAP!!

15. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Waiting around is the worst! We're all hoping for the best!

16. becky5

becky5 Guest

Good grief! :rolleyes: :hug99:

17. KYsweetheart

okay....why does it seem ridiculous to me that they don't have the results yet??...I mean if you really are having toxemia wouldn't they want to know ASAP!!

Exactly what I was thinking... which is why I was a little hateful on the phone with her. Especially when she said 'IF there is any concern I'll call tomorrow' I said, no call anyway, I would like to know even if there isn't any concern!

18. twinzmom2b

QUOTE(Susanna+3 @ Sep 10 2007, 08:20 PM) [snapback]401566[/snapback]

I agree, that is nuts. Toxemia isn't something to mess around with. I'ts weird that they aren't more concerned. We'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear tomorrow. Goodluck !

19. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

I agree that it seems nuts to be waiting this long for results on a TOXEMIA test!! Good grief. I know this must be driving you nuts and I'm sorry it's even a concern for you. Keep us posted and know that you are in our thoughts.

20. Susanna+3

did you hear anything yet??

21. KYsweetheart

No and this is extremely ridiculous. If they don't take me anymore serious than this, why did they send me for the freaking test to begin with? I am very frustrated! Of course now they are closed for lunch, and the only one who answers the phone is a B**ch! I have an appt tomorrow thankfully, and it will be filled with every complaint I can think of!!

I am so disappointed in the staff right now. What happen... they use to be so awesome.

22. twinzmom2b

QUOTE(KYsweetheart @ Sep 11 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]402782[/snapback]
    No and this is extremely ridiculous. If they don't take me anymore serious than this, why did they send me for the freaking test to begin with? I am very frustrated! Of course now they are closed for lunch, and the only one who answers the phone is a B**ch! I have an appt tomorrow thankfully, and it will be filled with every complaint I can think of!!

I am so disappointed in the staff right now. What happen... they use to be so awesome.

I'm so sorry you are having to go trhough all of this. That really sucks. I would call and complain right at 2 pm as soon as the phone line opens up again. Have you actually spoken to your dr. since they did the urine collection?

23. KYsweetheart

No! Which I thought I would surely hear something Monday morning, but when I called they said he wasn't in. It was his Monday off. Why in the world didn't he say anything Friday, when he sent me for the tests, knowing he was off Monday...

I am so frustrated. Everything is going down hill fast, I am so stressed not only from this, but the boys have been HORRIBLE... their behavior is getting so out of hand. DH doesn't understand anything. I have no help when I get home from the hospital. I have no one to take me to my appt Friday, my SIL can't watch the boys... so what am I suppose to do... take them with me to the Dr's office, while I am hooked up for the NST with them running around screaming turning the room upside down? I am SOOOOOO miserbly frustrated, I am just in tears over all this!! WHY ME!!??

OMG, I am so sorry for that vent!

24. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

You can vent here anytime!!

I was hoping that you would have heard by now. If I was going through that i would take advantage of the hormones and go ballistic on the office staff just to make myself feel better. :pardon:

You should just keep calling every 15 minutes. They may actually call the hospital for the results that way. The squeaky wheel......!!!!

25. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, honey....I am so sorry that you aren't getting the information that you need. That must be so frustrating.

Maybe the boys sense that things are changing soon, so they are reacting. I wish I could come and take them for you for a little while.

Let us know when you FINALLY hear from the doctor.

26. KYsweetheart

I called, and they haven't heard anything yet. They acted frustrated that they haven't, so they are going to call the hosp. and get some info. Hopefully they will find something out.

I guess since I had so much trouble Saturday with the hosp. they may have lost my info or something. It was so messed up... something about having 2 charts because I went on 2 seperate days, so who knows what happen with the charts... I am so frustrated! I hope the OB office jumps on them.

The boys are finally taking a nap. They calmed down a little when I started crying... they came over and were patting me, LOL It was cute.

27. twinzmom2b

I'm glad to hear that boys have calmed down a bit. I'm sure this is stressful for them too. I'm glad that they wre comforting you, how cute! I hope you get news from the hospital soon...what a mess to hear to sort through.

28. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug99: I'm sorry.