Kindergarten

Discussion in 'General' started by Melissa Bryant Bell, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Melissa Bryant Bell

Melissa Bryant Bell New Member

I'm am SO glad to have rediscovered twinstuff. Yesterday I was seeking advice on homeschooling with my kindergartners, and I realized, I bet TS has a homeschool forum. It was never on my radar before.

Anyway...I can't wait to jump in the old threads and read. I just wanted to say hi from an old TS'er! :)

Melissa

2. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

Hi, Melissa! :wavey: Welcome back! There is lots of great info in this forum. Jump right in! Would you mind sharing some more about yourself?

3. Melissa Bryant Bell

Melissa Bryant Bell New Member

Hey Stacy...SURE THING! :)

I was on here quite a bit when I was pregnant with the girls...but life, ha. :) I'm Melissa. :) Married to Kris, 8 years in December. We have Maddie and Gracie (6 in January) and Lillie (2 in December). I co-own a photography studio, Twice The Focus, and that keeps me super busy in the afternoons and on Saturdays. But I homeschool in the mornings, and do most of the busy work of the biz from my home office, so it works out. So blessed to have a husband that supports me so I can own a biz and teach my kids...and raise them up in Christ! :)

We are using My Fathers World as a basis to our curriculum, but we aren't following it completely. I'm not teaching reading from it...using "100 easy lessons." I'm also doing my own math teaching from the advice of some dear teacher friends.

It is going great most days. Maddie is a naturally observant and bright child. She learns things with almost no effort. Gracie is bright, as well, but she is my introvert. She has much lower self confidence than her sister, so I've struggled a bit with her. I have also gotten some great advice from my friends on ways to teach that allow her to give me the answers she knows, rather than setting her up to get anything wrong...great confidence builders. Thats seems to be helping her a bit.

I'd love to hear more about how you guys manage teaching with multiple children and especially with twins. :)

Melissa

4. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is why I have found this old thread! I agree that this place can bring you a great number of useful information

5. BillShiphr

BillShiphr Well-Known Member

It seems to me that this is an important part in the process of learning and socializing a child, I would advise everyone to use this opportunity, since in kindergarten, children receive the necessary experience to form their mental health and prepare for school and the adult world. When we signed up for https://littlescholarsnyc.com/ this is Brooklyn Child Care, we saw a positive change in the behavior of our children. Moreover, this is a great help for working parents, especially in the current conditions, when the work schedule is constantly changing. And even if the parents are at a remote work, they cannot provide the necessary amount of time and attention to the child so that he / she does not feel lonely.