Keeping warm

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by FGMH, May 28, 2014.

1. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I seem to have forgotten how to keep warm while breastfeeding or maybe I just did not have that issue with the twins. But now I am constantly freezing. I leak a lot of milk so my shirts always seem to be moist or wet even with nursing pads - that might get better as my supply adjusts, it did not with the twins. And being partially naked, especially at night, is a real problem and the warm baby is not enough to keep me warm and I feel unsafe with too many extra blankets or an extra duvet in bed in case I doze off with the baby.

Any tips?

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How about your robe?

If you are still cold, maybe a nursing tank underneath?

I do think dryness will help, but remember feeling wet all the time, too. My rule of thumb was my comfort- if it was just a bit of wetness in my bra, I could take that. But if I was chilled by it, I changed my bra & (the breast pads).

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

What about some long sleeve nursing pajamas? I don't get undressed to nurse at night since I have two nursing pjs that I rotate through. One I ordered from Amazon and I love. It has an elastic neckline, so it's really easy at night. It is a sleeveless short gown, so probably wouldn't be warm enough for you. Or even if you could find a comfortable long sleeve nursing t-shirt to sleep in, that might help. 

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Also make sure you're eating lots of high energy snacks.. nuts, avocado etc. Helps keep your metabolism going and keeps you warm :)

5. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Thank you. I went online and ordered some new long-sleeved nursing tops and PJs. Jen, your reminder to eat nutritous snacks was very helpful - I have been losing weight much too fast and that is not healthy and probably contributing to being cold all the time.