Just when I thought she was weaning...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cheezewhiz24, Dec 31, 2012.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I noticed 2 days ago A was nursing WAYYY less. Happily she was also sleeping through the night. Yesterday she had a fever and cough and didn't hardly sleep all night but upped her nursing. Today I noticed she was drooling a lot and checked her mouth: she's getting 4-5 top teeth! At once! No wonder she didn't want to nurse much.

So that's my girl- how's it going with everybody these days?

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Emmett's still loving his boob juice. ;) He usually nurses 4-5x during the day & anywhere from 1-6x :)faint:) at night. We co-bed though so he nurses while I sleep & I don't find it overly disruptive. I tried a couple of months ago to wean off some of the night nursing but ended up being up for hours rocking him for several nights in a row & then getting sick so I thought screw that, we'll just keep on keeping on with the nursing-while-we-sleep. :good: I'm really enjoying our nursing relationship & plan to nurse until he doesn't want to anymore, especially since there's like a 98% chance he'll be my last nursling.

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I will be nursing Katherine until she goes to college I guess! She will never self wean. Although every once in a while she will say, yuck and then switch to the other side! I say to her, yes it is yuck, lets stop!

I did cut out middle of the day (for the most part!) so it is in the morning and at night.

4. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

They are still chugging, for the most part. Sophie cut a couple of teeth in the last couple of weeks so she's been a little less eager but for her that's not saying much. I swear, I can feed her everything in sight and 10 minutes later she'll eat again.

They are at least sleeping through the night for the most part. Again teething is impacting that, waking Sophie up once or twice but other than that I'm getting some solid sleep again....when I actually go to bed at a decent hour. But they are sleeping consistently enough that I finally folded up the co-sleeper the other day to open up some room by the bed.

5. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Yep, we are still going here. Jill is 6 months old and is growing just fine, but I still wonder if she is getting enough. She doesn't eat that much during the day; I should say she doesn't eat for that long. She is easily distracted and her brothers are more interesting than eating so the only time she nurses well during the day is before nap. She is also cutting her first tooth so I think that is affecting her nursing. She still wakes 2-6 times per night and when she wakes, I nurse her back to sleep. But she is such a happy baby and smiles all the time, a real joy to be around!

6. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to wean without just cutting him off. He's 35 months today! I've told him, at 3 he's done, cause I'm tired of waiting for him to wean himself.