Just checking in...& 34.4 week appointment

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by littletwinmom, Apr 15, 2009.

1. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well! Not much going on with me, just HUGE and pregnant! At least the end is finally in sight!

I had my 34ish week appointment yesterday. I have gained 28 lbs, measured 33 weeks, and not dilated or effaced, but have some softening. I was secretly hoping I might have something going on down there, but certainly not suprised.

I go every week from now on, and have a growth US scheduled for next week also. I'm very curious to see how big this baby will be! All the women in my family are much taller than me, I am very petite. They have all had 8 and 9+ lb babies, so I'm a little worried I might have a big one due to genetics and that I have gestational diabetes. Still optomistic for a VBAC, she said she can induce me if I dilate 3cm on my own, so that's my hope!

I was on bedrest with the twins and never dilated, contracte, or anything either, my water just broke at 35 weeks. Even though this a is a totally normal pregnancy and all, having my water break at any minute is still in the back of my mind....I'm just hoping it's not while I'm at the mall with my 2 year olds!

Who else is in the home stretch?

Jennifer :)

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(littletwinmom @ Apr 15 2009, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1274916[/snapback]
    Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well! Not much going on with me, just HUGE and pregnant! At least the end is finally in sight!

I had my 34ish week appointment yesterday. I have gained 28 lbs, measured 33 weeks, and not dilated or effaced, but have some softening. I was secretly hoping I might have something going on down there, but certainly not suprised.

I go every week from now on, and have a growth US scheduled for next week also. I'm very curious to see how big this baby will be! All the women in my family are much taller than me, I am very petite. They have all had 8 and 9+ lb babies, so I'm a little worried I might have a big one due to genetics and that I have gestational diabetes. Still optomistic for a VBAC, she said she can induce me if I dilate 3cm on my own, so that's my hope!

I was on bedrest with the twins and never dilated, contracte, or anything either, my water just broke at 35 weeks. Even though this a is a totally normal pregnancy and all, having my water break at any minute is still in the back of my mind....I'm just hoping it's not while I'm at the mall with my 2 year olds!

Who else is in the home stretch?

Jennifer :)

Glad you had a great appointment! I have 8 weeks to go from today...We have a scheduled c/s. I have an u/s next week to check on growth. I am measuring about two weeks behind with a weight gain of 11lbs! I hope all is well. The baby certainly moves a lot-at least at night!

I never went into labor with the twins. I walked in for my scheduled c/s at 38 weeks dialated 1cm for WEEKS. I wonder if that will be the case this time again as well!

You're almost there!

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I've got a month left... or more. My older babies all went over by 6 days to 2 weeks. And with my twins, I spent 9 weeks on bedrest for PTL, but then had to be induced at almost 38 weeks. Of course, as my SIL said, this one could come 3 weeks early and we'd have nothing ready, LOL. Sadly, I've put off a lot of things, because we have most of the basics from our other children. But I have no idea where the parts are to turn the co-sleeper playpen back into the bassinet. We don't have a swing (our others were cheap and we threw them away). I still need to sew a new cover for the carseat since it's perfectly fine, just girly. I still haven't found a pediatrician (we moved a year and a half ago and our kids are healthy and old enough that it wasn't that big of a deal to drive the hour to our old one... don't want to do that with a new baby). And I haven't toured the hospital. For so long it has seemed like it would be forever before our baby was here, but suddenly I'm feeling pressed for time.

I did have my appt yesterday. I've gained 14 lbs and measure right on. They didn't do a cervical check. I think midwives just tend to be less invasive, and I'm fine with that. With my oldest 2, I was dilated to 3cm for the last month. Didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I'll go every week from now on, too.

4. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Glad your appt went well! Sounds like your little one will soon be here :)
    Take Care & Keep us Updated!

5. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

It sounds like things are going well :) You're getting close now!

6. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Hooray for a great appointment!

7. jato63@aol.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I am entering the homestretch and I am ready for the babies to come out! Glad to see all is going well.

Toya