Jon & Kate + 8 season premiere tonight!

Discussion in 'General' started by first_second_and_last, Oct 2, 2007.

1. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

Ok as I have stated previously in this thread, I don't have a problem with Jon and Kate, but I am really annoyed with them right now. Why on earth are they getting not 1 but 2 German Shepherd pups? I don't think any reputable breeder in their right mind would sell a family with 8 young children two GS pups! Kate doesn't seem like the type that will be able to put up with puppy chewing and housebreaking or even 2 BIG full grown massive shedders! I'm sure the two dogs will end up being outdoor dogs. :( I really think they are making a HORRIBLE decision on this. If they wanted a dog they would be better off adopting an older dog or at least getting just one pup. We have a new 3 month old already housebroken lab pup that hardly does any mouthing and even that is not easy, I cannot imagine 2 8 week old GS pups and 8 kids. What were they thinking? Obviously it is a ploy to get more viewers, but that is so not fair to those pups!

2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

According to what Connie has read, the puppies are only there for one or two shows then they are re-homed.

**if you think I'm against the show, you should meet my twin....

3. caba

caba Banned

I don't watch this show ... but I did see a clip of J&K being interviewed at their end of their show on the Soup. She is NASTY! I can't imagine every speaking to my husband the way she was speaking to him! Just wow. He looks like such a broken man!

But I'm biased, everything about that family bothers me.

4. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

Jon Gosselin Caught in the act?

Mom sent this to me and I thought it was crazy as I'm an avid Jon and Kate watcher - though I know it's a touchy subject on here...anyone heard about this?

Amanda

5. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

Oh la la, I hadn't heard of this but I'll be watching now to see if its on access hollywood or anything.................sounds a little out there to me.

Erica

6. Kendra

Connie reads the blogs and told me about it when it happened. It probably really is him, who would go to the trouble to impersonate a reality tv show person?

There have been a few negative articles recently but the publicist for TLC called the one journalist unethical for doing one. Apparently the writer tried to contact J&K and TLC several times but the only way she would have been able to interview them would have been via e-mail which is not a good way to do interviews.

Philly Magazine
    "Behind the Article" interview with Philly Magazine writer

I don't know if it'll hit the info-tainment shows. Maybe when there is video.

7. alex&andysmom

alex&andysmom Well-Known Member

This one seems to be stretching it a bit..... :mellow: I would be shocked if they were to seperate.

8. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I stopped watching this show a long time ago and if you asked me back then if he would do something like that I probably would have said no. But you know tv, popularity all that changes people so he probably is trying to sort things out BUT this is not the way to do them.

9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i HOPE he didn't do anything like that, but, honestly & unfortunately, it wouldn't really surprise me either if he did. i guess we'll just have to wait & see.

10. Kendra

The newest issues of both People and US have articles about the latest rumours. Can't get more mainstream than People and US. They were interviewed by People and he says that he didn't cheat on Kate but made "mistakes". (my question is, whats his definition of "cheat"?) They also state that Jon is at loose ends with Kate's career taking off.

Inside Edition and Entertainment Tonight also did short stories about it.

11. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Entertainment Tonight reported that Jon and Kate issued a statement saying that the rumors about them ending their marriage are "untrue and hurtful".

12. Kendra

13. MichelleL

I thought it was so cool that Jon took Cara on a ski vacation! I hope he plans to do stuff one-on-one with the others. And how cute was it that she really missed her siblings?! :wub:

14. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

So I took it as Jon doesn't really want to do another season but Kate does, right?

15. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

That's the way I took it. It seemed a little off though. She kept butting in when he was trying to explain it, and his felt rehearsed/scripted. I think he was just tired, but it just seemed a little off.

16. nymom4

nymom4 Well-Known Member

I don't think very highly of Kate anymore or the show. ( it's more of a commerical now). BUT I was so sad to see how uncomfortable they both looked last night. It's sad for them & even more sad for those precious kids. I have a feeling that they are already split up. Hopefully, they can work things out. I wish them the best. :hug:

17. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

I personally think Kate enjoy the limelight herself but at the same time I can see why she does it. She want to help her children's future such as traveling, being video taped from the time they signed a contract with TLC, photos session, college tuitions, and etc. While I can sympanthy with Jon's feelings as he is growing tired of being in front of the camera. He want to put his foot in the door and say, this is enough for us. That what it sounds like from the finale of the Season 4. The other thing is......they already know that there are other new programs that they are competiting with.....such as Table for 12, 18 and still counting, and etc.

But I love watching their kids growing up.
    RJ

18. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bkpjlp @ Mar 24 2009, 10:30 AM) [snapback]1242366[/snapback]
    She kept butting in when he was trying to explain it, and his felt rehearsed/scripted.

And how is that different from every other time the camera is on them?

19. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

I saw a commerical on TLC saying that season 5(?) was premiering the end of May. I thought for sure at the last finally that it was the last season, especially with all the tabloid stories right now. I like the show because it makes me feel like twins are do-able. I can't imagine sextuplets. :eek: I guess I was meant to have two.

20. MichelleL

QUOTE(ckreh @ May 1 2009, 10:01 PM) [snapback]1297031[/snapback]
    I saw a commerical on TLC saying that season 5(?) was premiering the end of May. I thought for sure at the last finally that it was the last season, especially with all the tabloid stories right now. I like the show because it makes me feel like twins are do-able. I can't imagine sextuplets. :eek: I guess I was meant to have two.

Oh really? I'll have to do some searching. At the end of last season, their final show ended with them talking about whether or not there will be a next season. It seemed like they had differing opinions so it was up in the air. I will watch if there is another season!!

ETA: Yep! Premiers Memorial Day, May 25th.

21. Kendra

Yes, it starts May 25th. Its apparently unfinished still though since they are trying to change it around to address the current marrital contraversy.

22. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

I saw an article this morning about Kate's alleged affair. Has anyone else read this? The article said there are reports about her having an affair with her bodyguard.

Not sure how to post the link to it. sorry.

23. Kendra

Kate says that the grey haired bodyguard was just hired for the current book tour but he has been seen in various shows in the background. (Utah plane trip, in Carolina) Who knows what she does on the road (she was away 20 days in March) The purse sent to Jon's girlfriend was bought in the bodyguard's name.

Its a whole mess and those poor kids.

24. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

I know I feel sorry for them the most. I will definitely be watching this season to see how things are going.

25. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

26. daasmommy

daasmommy Well-Known Member

Stop the insanity already. Are you serious? The new season starts (I know it is filmed a head of time) Next week and Kate states in people magazine that "they are in different places right now" How about quit exploiting your children and see if you can fix your marriage. The problems in the marriage probably started because of all the media. So yeah lets bring them back and make a bigger mess for our kids.

I have stopped watching and endorsing this show. I used to love the show, but now it is all about the money and not the children.

27. Kendra

AND shes on the cover of People with the caption "we may split up" and someday her 8 children will see it, if not now that in the future, and then what?

28. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kendra @ May 13 2009, 05:28 PM) [snapback]1312502[/snapback]
    AND shes on the cover of People with the caption "we may split up" and someday her 8 children will see it, if not now that in the future, and then what?

I saw that today. i think its awful and once these things started to come out, they should have backed off. Instead this is turning into "he said, she said" and in a VERY public way.

I used to love the show myself, but as she became more and more condesending and the more I heard the things like, she no longer talks to her parents because they did all of these donations for them, and Kate refused most of it, because well, the cribs werent matching and neither were the cloths. They stuck their hands out, and when it came down to it, shoved back in peoples faces.

I have no respect for the way she treats Jon, and as much as I disagree with infidelity, I half don't blame him.

29. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

They had Kate's brother and sil on Good Morning America this morning. They said Jon & Kate have been having marital problems for years and it would take the crew hours just to get 15 minutes of them being nice to each other.

All these problems will be in season 5 so that should be interesting.

Someone asked Kate if she is concerned that her kids will find out about their problems. She said that where they go to school, they (I guess meaning teachers and parents) don't read gossip magazines so she does not feel they know what is going on.

I'm sorry, but if they are all living together under the same roof, those kids know what is going on. Not to the extent of their parents having affairs, but the constant fighting.

I just think money got the best of Kate. There new home is something like $1.4 million. They have traveled all across the country and she has written 2 books so far. In the last episdoe of season 4 you could tell how difficult is was for Jon but Kate seemed like she did not care about his feelings.

I actually enjoy the new show on TLC Table for 12. They seem to respect each other and it's so refreshing after watching Jon & Kate bicker every episode.

30. Kendra

I suppose the people at the school don't grocery shop or go to Target either to see the COVERS of the magazines.

31. MichelleL

We can all speculate until the cows come home, and listen to this and that report, and read this and that article. Unless it comes from Jon and Kate themselves, I will take it with a grain of salt like all other celebrity gossip.

I don't condone cheating, and I'm not saying I agree with what has been done - IF IT COMES TO LIGHT THAT IT'S TRUE - but seriously, I'm sure at this point everyone is out to make a buck. Jodi clearly has some issues from her past dealings with Kate, so who's to say this isn't revenge.

32. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cjk2002 @ May 15 2009, 07:52 PM) [snapback]1315554[/snapback]
    They had Kate's brother and sil on Good Morning America this morning. They said Jon & Kate have been having marital problems for years and it would take the crew hours just to get 15 minutes of them being nice to each other.

All these problems will be in season 5 so that should be interesting.

Someone asked Kate if she is concerned that her kids will find out about their problems. She said that where they go to school, they (I guess meaning teachers and parents) don't read gossip magazines so she does not feel they know what is going on.

I'm sorry, but if they are all living together under the same roof, those kids know what is going on. Not to the extent of their parents having affairs, but the constant fighting.

I just think money got the best of Kate. There new home is something like $1.4 million. They have traveled all across the country and she has written 2 books so far. In the last episdoe of season 4 you could tell how difficult is was for Jon but Kate seemed like she did not care about his feelings.

I actually enjoy the new show on TLC Table for 12. They seem to respect each other and it's so refreshing after watching Jon & Kate bicker every episode.

QUOTE(Kendra @ May 15 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1315572[/snapback]
    I suppose the people at the school don't grocery shop or go to Target either to see the COVERS of the magazines.

I would imagine Kate was saying that they "the children" don't read gossip magazines at school and that is why they would not know what was going on. At least as far as the media part goes. I am sure the teachers could be reading whatever they choose but they would not share that info with the children. The children certainly would know if there were issues with their home life without anyone telling them.

I never got into watching the show. Watching the daily lives of people who are overachievers beyond my fertility ability is not that entertaining to me. I get enough of the reality of multiple multiples in my own personal life anyway.

If they are having issues I could understand. I just pray they can work it all out for their own benefit and the benefit of their children.

33. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the show for a couple of seasons now, but this weekend they are playing a marathon starting back at the beginning. I've been watching those and I just feel so sad for that family. It's so clear how they have changed over the time that the show has run.

34. MichelleL

Season starts Monday night! :Clap: I'll be tuning in!!

Any fans of the show going to join me?

35. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I'll be joining you Michelle!!! DH actually came home last night and said "Is your show on tonight?" He thought the premiere was last night and I thought it was very sweet of him to remember :D