Jon & Kate + 8 season premiere tonight!

Discussion in 'General' started by first_second_and_last, Oct 2, 2007.

1. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKimberlee @ Aug 27 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]949885[/snapback]
    I think I'd make my Dh wear a bib if I could! :crazy:

:laughing:

Mine wear bibs from about 6 months when they start foods until about 2 y/o. After that, no way.

My cousin had her 4 y/o wear a bib when a bunch of us went out to dinner and it was so humiliating for her poor dd. All her cousins her age an most younger didn't wear bibs and the younger kids kept asking her why she had to wear a baby bib.

I don't get that either, but I guess it's just different parenting styles.

2. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKimberlee @ Aug 27 2008, 01:04 PM) [snapback]949885[/snapback]
    I think I'd make my Dh wear a bib if I could! :crazy:

HILARIOUS :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

3. bugjuice

bugjuice New Member

Every time iI feel Im at my breaking point I put on this show so i can see It could be worse If you feel this way let me know

4. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i seriously love this show. i know many criticize them, but i really enjoy them. kate IS a bit anal at times, but i think they both have a wonderful sense of humor and compliment each other well. i have especially come to love how we have seen the kids grow and gotten to know them on tv. they are a great family and fun to watch, even if it is chaotic at times!! like you said, reminds me i have it EASY PEASY with my twinks

5. april mcdaniel

DITTO--I think it could be my favorite show. I watched it 2nite and they revisited the hospital and NICU where the babies were born. Made me think of my days spent in the NICU!!!!

April

6. FourKiddos

FourKiddos Well-Known Member

I agree - I love this show. With four kids - I do not know many people - actually I know of no one - who has more kids than us. Her house is much crazier than mine. However, I can not imagine having time to be so into cleaning withthat many kids. I know my standards have dropeed a lot with cleaning - I chose playing a lot of the time over cleaning. She was very sentimental over the NICU time and she still seems overwhelmed with her new "normal" with eight kids - I can not imagine. God bless her and her family. I think she does an amazing job. I will never judge someone with 8 kids - I can not imagine the stress level

7. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Love it too and Jon and Kate crack me up! Just watched part of the marathon that was on last night!

8. april mcdaniel

Anyone watch Oprah today--Jon and Kate were on there today--It was HILARIOUS

April

9. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

QUOTE(april mcdaniel @ Sep 3 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]961410[/snapback]
    Anyone watch Oprah today--Jon and Kate were on there today--It was HILARIOUS

April

was this a new one, or the re run of when they were on?

10. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

We watch it, too! Well, just me and my 10 year olds. My dh can't stand Kate so we watch it when he's busy or not home :p . Kate is VERY anal and quite a bit over-the-top about many things, but I have to say she is an inspiration for organization/order. Those kids are adorable and so well-behaved. The odds are against Jon and Kate on daily basis to be overrun by chaos and "kid power", but they (or should I say she ;) ) does an amazing job with discipline and manners.

The hair plug episode grossed me out as well and I work in the medical field and have seen many things, but YUCK on that! I think any male watching that episode would be happy to go bald! LOL

11. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

My dh doesn’t understand why I watch it… but my 10 year son and I like it… I just read in mag that they filmed a vow renewal in Hawaii…

12. Brooklyne

Brooklyne Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this has been discussed before. I'm on another message board and everyone seems to not like Kate - they think she's got a bad attitude, is rude, and needs to spend more time with her kids instead of cleaning her house. There has also been speculation that the Gosselins have an organic cook, maid, gardener etc. and that on the show Kate seems to "think" she's a supermom. Being a mom to twins I think they are doing an amazing job with those kids, but many singleton moms trash her, so I'm wondering if there are any multiple moms that think Kate is not that great. What are your thoughts on this? Does Kate rule or does she only think so...

B

13. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I honestly haven't watched the show... For one I don't believe it's a true representation of what they live, second I don't have much respect for people putting their kids' life up for everyone to see.

Just IMO.

14. j3s303

j3s303 Well-Known Member

i like the show and think they are doing a good job...could you imagine having 6 more? i think they are super parents!

15. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I watch the show on occassion and I love it. The only thing I don't like it kind of gives a false picture of a life with multiples but we didn't see them in the way beginning to know how truly stressful it was. She has a lot more help than portrayed so it makes it seem easy but I am sure it isn't. She has a lot of good qualities about her and values and her relationship with her husband reminds me a lot of my own marriage. Makes me feel that I am not alone for sure.

I don't think she is rude she stands up for what she believes in and if that means she is portrayed as a rude person than so be it. She likes things to be clean because the cameras are always there, I would too. And she likes her kids to look clean. She made a good point one time that she doesn't have the luxury to just buy clothes constantly because they are getting thrown away if they get dirty. I can see that when you have 8 kids!

I also think though that Maddy will always be a handful and they need to focus on that. I am sure they address it because their entire day is not always shown so honestly we don't know what really goes on.

16. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

I think she and her husband are doing an amazing job considering they have alot to take on. I think she cleans so much because every hour she doesn't the mess gets worse and worse, always has to keep cleaning. She is a little controlling with her husband as if hes her child too which isn't right. He's a good man for taking it all with a grain of salt.

I like her organization skills, she's very good at that.

17. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

I like her. Before my babies, I did think she was a little harsh & bossy with her husband. But now that I see what life is like with twins I find myself barking at my husband sometimes too for wanting things done a certain way. It's just stressful and it's easy to take it out on each other. I couldn't imagine with 6 more...I love how organized she is and that she's a germ freak like me. I do see as the seasons go on how it does seem easier - they're dressed nicer, doing more things - nice vacations, etc. I'm sure it's donations from viewers, $ from the show, etc. But I figure hey, with that many kids and what they went through from pregnancy till the age of 2, they deserve it!

18. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We do not see anything like the truth on the show. Anything you see them "buy"/do/have is all paid for by the producers. That is a face on any show of this type like Little People Big World or Gene Simmons Family Jewels but the other shows don't say things like they saved up for the activites.

I love the kids, I think they are adorable and funny. I also think that Jon and Kate have had their heads turned by fame and money and have lost sight of the intersts of the children.

http://pennmommyfortruth.blogspot.com/

http://www.minorcon.org/jon_kate2.html

19. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

Honestly I find this show to be so far fetched in terms of the reality of having multiples... I have watched the show a hand full of times and each time I get angry at the end because the show really glamorizes what having multiples is really like. I mean, what does Jon do for work? I see him in all the shows and it seems Kate does not work so where do they get the money to buy brand new furniture (this was an episode I saw), buy golf clubs for the boys (another episode), and rent an entire Chuck E. Cheese type place (another episode)... I realize that the show must pay them to invade their home, but seriously, don't you think that it would be more appropriate to show people what life with multiples is really like? And yes, I think Kate is condescending toward Jon, and the worst part is that it is often in front of the kids... I do think the kids are adorable and it is interesting to watch them interact (the only think on the show that seems even the slightest bit realistic)... I guess you could say that as a mom of twins I find the show offensive.

20. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

It's entertainment, it's their choice, and they will forever be criticized for the decisions they have made. I love it and I'll continue to watch. :D

21. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I take back everything I have said about her and the show. I have read pages and pages and while I do not believe everything I read on the internet I am convinced that the images portrayed are ALL lies and disception. I totally forgot about the gum episode and reading accounts on it I remember thinking it was so harsh of her to say the things she said about Jodi.

I have a new outlook on this show. I think the children are being exploited and Jon and Kate are making a fortune off of them. But I will keep my statement about Maddy, she is handful and one I see getting into a lot of trouble unless they deal with her issues.

22. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

I tivo it and watch it all the time ..I think Ive seem them all now... I just love watching those little guys they are too cute ...

23. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Sep 10 2008, 10:59 PM) [snapback]974408[/snapback]
    It's entertainment, it's their choice, and they will forever be criticized for the decisions they have made. I love it and I'll continue to watch. :D

Ditto Michelle!

24. kcole

kcole Well-Known Member

I agree with MichelleL! I'd love for a show to finance some of these trips for us, too! LOL!

25. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I don't like the way she treats her husband like some kind of dorky 9th child of hers - honestly if I were Jon and were spoken to that way on TV I'd have been gone ages ago - if you want to treat your spouse like sh!t at least don't do it in public...

26. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Sep 16 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]983478[/snapback]
    I don't like the way she treats her husband like some kind of dorky 9th child of hers - honestly if I were Jon and were spoken to that way on TV I'd have been gone ages ago - if you want to treat your spouse like sh!t at least don't do it in public...

My DH is waiting for the day when Jon stands up for himself. He says that Jon allows the camera crew in because its a buffer between him and Kate.

27. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I watched it the other night. I needed to know what she was so excited about that he did, they kept hyping it with the ads. So when I told my husband what it was, he called her a not very nice name that starts with c. I actually thought she wasn't AS bad in that episode (when they went to the Sight and Sound theater).

28. Kendra

The end bit was flat out damage control. Talking about not needing helpers (well, unpaid ones like Beth and Jodi) and how the kids love to travel (but shes talked in the past and in many "advise from a multiples mother" about routines). That was straight from their PR firm.

Kate got so excited because Jon offered to help her with something.

29. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Ditto I think its so NOT reality. Can you imagine growing up with cameras in your face? The only room that does NOT have a studio lighting/camera is jon and kate's bedroom. LOL. But OTOH, how else can they afford 8 kids ????? :eek:

30. Kendra

Kate is going to be on Say Yes To The Dress on October 10.

2 of the main anti-Gosselin blogs are down right now. PennMommy quit hers because her son is quite ill and the blog has taken too much time. It would have been interesting to see who sent the FAKE cese and desist letter from a FAKE lawyer to her. GWOP is down because someone set something wrong on the control pannel, should be back soon.

31. ld2008

ld2008 Well-Known Member

I just saw that John and Kate will be on Good Morning America tomorrow.

I just love that show. It's amazing how they can do it. I can barely with mine!! :lol:

32. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ld2008 @ Oct 15 2008, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1027039[/snapback]
    I just saw that John and Kate will be on Good Morning America tomorrow.

I just love that show. It's amazing how they can do it. I can barely with mine!! :lol:

I saw that earlier too. My girls also saw it and were very upset they didn't actaully come on. They were running around yelling they wanted to see the kids. They love that show.

I am going to record GMA tomorrow so that I don't miss it.

33. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to watch; I'm hooked on the show. :) And my kids love it now, too......they'll say, "I want to see the kids!"

34. berebunch31

berebunch31 Well-Known Member

I used to really enjoy the show, but don't enjoy it as much anymore. Kate has a book to promote now, so the Gosselins have been everywhere lately. Lots of chances for fans to see them :)

35. Kendra

There has been a lot of contraversy about them recently. A Minor Consideration has been looking into them, its a group started by former child stars to advocate for children in entertainment -- it IS entertainment, its not a documentary anymore, they ARE working, they call it "the family job".

http://www.minorcon.org/kids_and_animals.html

Wonder why Jodi hasn't been in recently episodes? Interesting story there.

Aunt Jodi's sister's blog