It's a boy!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by gina_leigh, Oct 28, 2013.

1. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We had our balloon reveal on Saturday and found out Bean's a boy!

We are so excited! The first thing Jason, who was guessing blue, said was, "I win!" LMAO.
    Rea was a little disappointed the she was "wrong." And no amount of discussion has convinced them it was a game not a contest.
    She'll soon learn the advantages of being the only princess.

Let the name challenge and shopping begin!

2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! The kids' reaction is so priceless. Best wishes for a healthy baby and I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Names for boys were killer for us. Thank God Ellie was a girl because I don't know if we ever would have agreed on a boy's name!

Congratulations!! Can I take a minute to tell you how awesome the one baby after twins is? Particularly when your twins are older? Gina, it's even better than you could imagine in your wildest imagination. I never felt like my twins got cheated being twins, and I still don't, but I do think I got cheated a little. And with one, it is just so easy. Everything is easy. And you can just hold the one all day if you want because there's only one! And at least my older kids have had zero jealousy. They are at a great age. I'm so excited for you.

Only cons are (1) three car seats take up way more room than you think, and (2) restaurant seating for five is a whole different ball game from four.

1 person likes this.
  4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Awesome!!  Fun reveal!  :)  I will agree with Rachael, one baby after twins is a sweet deal!  :)  Congrats on blue!

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Boy names were super tough for us too - way more challenging than agreeing on 2 girls names! Congratulations and GL!!

6. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Hooray for blue!!!  Congratulations!

7. gina_leigh

I do feel like I was cheated a little! That's one reason I'm so excited that it's just one. 
    I'm really looking forward to enjoying it more rather than going in survival mode. 

The one thing I dread is the two years of rear-facing again. Takes up so much room! We have a van, so I'm trying to figure out if I want the older two both in the back and just the baby in the middle or keep one of the older kids in the middle to help with a pacifier or something if needed. Not sure which would be best, but I'm sure we'll try it out both ways to see. 

Thanks ya'll! I'm so excited!

8. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Gina! 

9. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I have to agree, a singleton after twins is a breeze!  I would suggest keeping one of the twins near the baby in the car, like you said, to help with the pacifier, sippy cups & snacks in the future, etc.  My boys are a HUGE help with Josh in the car and always have been.  They are my little life-savers.

For us, picking the girl name is such a challenge.  We've been struggling for 7 weeks now! Still nothing!  Boys were easy. :p

Congratulations on your little man!

10. gina_leigh

Thanks again y'all!

So I'm thinking of making a name poll to see what the TS opinion is.

For me, boy names are hard!

11. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations Gina!

12. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Yay! Congrats!!

13. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Great for you! I love the kids' reactions.

14. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats Gina!! Cant wait for the name poll, how fun!!