Itchy situation.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momoftheforest, Dec 7, 2006.

1. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience. I have an unbelievable itch just above my tail bone. It only measures about the size of a quarter but its driving me crazy. The only info I can find about itching is cholestasis but that usually occurs during the last three months and Im only 12 weeks, and I dont have any of the other symptoms of that. I thought maybe I was having a reaction to a new soap, but I stopped using it two weeks ago and it still wont go away. I have my OB appt next week but I thought I would ask to see if anyone else had any ideas. [​IMG]

2. momoftheforest

I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience. I have an unbelievable itch just above my tail bone. It only measures about the size of a quarter but its driving me crazy. The only info I can find about itching is cholestasis but that usually occurs during the last three months and Im only 12 weeks, and I dont have any of the other symptoms of that. I thought maybe I was having a reaction to a new soap, but I stopped using it two weeks ago and it still wont go away. I have my OB appt next week but I thought I would ask to see if anyone else had any ideas. [​IMG]

3. JuJu55

JuJu55 Well-Known Member

During both of my pregnancies I had itchy spots. One was on my left ankle and one was on my right knee. I have no idea why but it cleared up after I had them. Hmmmm...weird. [​IMG]

4. mooshie

mooshie Well-Known Member

seeing as how it's on your back I'm sure you can't see this spot, but does it feel any different than the rest of the skin on your back? just wondering beccause I have a spot on my leg that gets really itchy sometimes. I think it's psoriesis (sp?) or some wierd skin thing. it only acts up in the winter when I'm pregnant though. skin sure can be a wierd thing. I's say if it's been itchy this long it really is something you should bring up at your Dr. apointment next time. the worst he can say is there's nothing he can do. but I bet he can sugguest a lotion or something that will help.
    good luck!
    Michelle

5. momoftheforest

It feels like a bunch of little scratches, my DH says he cant see any bites or anything just fingernail marks...I have itched to so much sometimes it starts to bleed. Im going to ask my Doc on Wednesday before I use any cream, I sure wouldnt want to do anything to risk the babies. thanks

6. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

You can use Calamine or Calahist lotion for itching, they are safe for pregancies ( I have PUPPS and that's some of the stuff my doc recommended.) You can also use Sarna lotion, if you keep it in the fridge and put it on, it can help.