"It was the best thing I could find..."

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Dielle, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

He's not one of my twins, but I'm laughing and had to share this answer I got from my 4 yo son...

The kids were supposed to be in cleaning their room. Trey came running out, being chased by Adam. I hollered at them to get back in and finish. Trey told me he ran out because Adam was going to hit him with a boot. So I asked Adam why he was going to hit Trey w/ a boot. "He hit Sage." "He shouldn't have done that, but why did you think you needed to hit him with a boot?" "Well, it was the best thing I could find."

Yes, I burst out laughing.

I have far too many, "Just because I'm laughing, does not make it ok" moments!

2. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

He's not one of my twins, but I'm laughing and had to share this answer I got from my 4 yo son...

The kids were supposed to be in cleaning their room. Trey came running out, being chased by Adam. I hollered at them to get back in and finish. Trey told me he ran out because Adam was going to hit him with a boot. So I asked Adam why he was going to hit Trey w/ a boot. "He hit Sage." "He shouldn't have done that, but why did you think you needed to hit him with a boot?" "Well, it was the best thing I could find."

Yes, I burst out laughing.

3. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

How cute!!!! But yet of course we shouldn't laugh.

4. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Kids say the cutest things sometimes!

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Priceless! (Did you get a picture?) [​IMG]

6. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

That's wonderful! [​IMG]

7. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I have had my share of "I am supposed to be mad, but have to laugh moments". It is so hard to discipline a child when it is taking everything in your power not to laugh. I guess you could always say "although I found what you said funny, I do not find what you did funny".

8. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Dielle:

We have a lot of those, too. Very cute! Thanks for sharing.