Is this normal? Or should I call the dr?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mommy2ATeam, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

When I got out of the car today to get the girls out for daycare, as soon as I tried to straighten up, I couldn't! I had these sharp pains shoot from the bottom of my belly into my vaginal area and I had to stand there, stooped over, for a good 30 seconds before it let up. Then, when I tried to lift Alexis out of her car seat, it happened again. I just kind of helped Alana out of hers and helped her jump out of the car. It still kind of hurts and it really has me worried. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I call the dr, or is this kind of thing to be expected at this point? I'm not bleeding or leaking any fluid or anything. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

I would call the doctors office and let them know what happened. I find that it is better to be safe then sorry. Especially if you call this early they could probably see you today if they think they need to. My guess is that they would send you to do a NST. If they say you are fine, then I would take it easy today and drink lots of water. I hope everything is okay. :hug99:

3. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

That happen to me A LOT. Everytime me and DH got out to the store or something, we'd be walking around and the same thing would happen, and I would also have a pain shoot down my leg that about made me fall to my knees each time. The OB said it was normal, that the baby was pressing up against nerves.

4. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

I would call just to ease my own mind but it probably does have something to do with your nerves. You can never be too safe.

5. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

I would call to be safe, but it sounds to me like the round ligament pains I had with the twins.

6. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I would call to be safe, but it sounds to me like the round ligament pains I had with the twins.

Me too. They hurt like heck and are scary. I would call just to be safe.

7. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

I haven't called the dr b/c it hasn't really hurt since I got to work. But now my hips and legs hurt like crazy! So it probably is nerve pain or something. This baby just can't sit still, so there's no telling what he's sitting on! :)

I did tell my boss though so if it happens again, I'm going to call the dr. Thanks for the replies!

8. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Hope you are feeling better. I hate when they lay on a nerve and you get a nice zing. Always such a pleasant feeling.