introduction and thank you note question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

My twins were born on Dec. 23 at 30w4d. I've been spending a little time in the NICU forum, but this is my first post in this forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Here's my girls' info:

Annelise Joy
    11:08 a.m.
    2 pounds, 13 ounces
    17 inches

Karina Elizabeth
    11:14 a.m.
    2 pounds, 13 ounces
    16 inches

We have a website for the girls with some pictures and a journal I update daily if you are interested in more information.

My question is regarding thank you notes. I received a large group gift from my coworkers. They bought us a Pack-n-Play, two car seat covers, a pack of onsies, one high chair, and a couple of toys. 31 people contributed money for these gifts. I do plan to write a note to each person, but I'm not sure about wording. Normally I start out by saying "thank you for the ____________." Do I need to list all the gifts? If so, that will take me forever. Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girls!

Could you say something like...

Thank you so much for all of the gifts. It was so very generous of you. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

I would also say something like "thank you for the thoughtful gifts" or something to that effect. Congratulations on your babies! I hope they are home with you soon! :hug99:

4. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

on top of what pp said...you could also add another sentence like, "the girls will be eating in the high chair before we know it", or "the girls will nap soundly in the pack-n-play" if you want to at least mention one of the gifts and personalize it a bit.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome to the FY forum! Your girls are beautiful. :wub:

QUOTE(imlodog @ Jan 4 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]558072[/snapback]
    on top of what pp said...you could also add another sentence like, "the girls will be eating in the high chair before we know it", or "the girls will nap soundly in the pack-n-play" if you want to at least mention one of the gifts and personalize it a bit.

I like the idea of what Lo mentioned. I think it will add a personal touch by mentioning one of the big items. But of course, if you aren't feeling up to it, I'm sure everyone will understand and appreciate a simple "thank you for your thoughtfulness". :hug99:

6. caba

caba Banned

I can't believe you are going to write a note to each person!!! You are a way better person than me! I just sent a thank you note to my boss directly, but addressed everyone in it. She passed it around for people to read. I can't imagine that 31 people each expect a thank you note from you. Especially with newborn twins! Wow. I'm in awe of you.

7. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

QUOTE(caba @ Jan 4 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]558228[/snapback]
    I can't believe you are going to write a note to each person!!! You are a way better person than me! I just sent a thank you note to my boss directly, but addressed everyone in it. She passed it around for people to read. I can't imagine that 31 people each expect a thank you note from you. Especially with newborn twins! Wow. I'm in awe of you.

i agree w/ this too....i didn't send each of my co-workers that went in on the gifts to me...i sent it to the organizer of the "shower" and she passed it around...i was out on bedrest anyway when i got the gift.

8. bethsull

bethsull Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your girls! I agree with the PPs - no need to list everything. I did quite a few thank you notes when I was sitting next to the babies in the NICU. It was a nice way to pass the time, get something done and keep an eye on the babies at the same time. I just checked out your website quickly. The girls are both beautiful!