Infant swings

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Mar 18, 2010.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was wondering when you all stopped using the infant swings? We have the two for the boys, and I don't really think they would be ready to use the other type of swing. I can easily see them falling off-like instantly! But with having Annabella, I was wondering if I should get a third infant seat(because as soon as one child goes in it-the two boys will BOTH want to go in it). Just curious-before I bring this up to dh...

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Sarah stopped on her own around 3, she was always wanting to swing in her big brother's swing..she started actually swinging on her own right after that. Allison was a little slower, she loved her baby swing, but by last spring she was done as well (she just learned how to swing on her own about two months ago). All last summer we used big swings and they were 3 1/2.

3. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We still have the infant swings, but we also have one that is a regular swing. Cooper just recently has decided that he needs to be in the "big" swing. He does fine. I don't push him all that high and I remind him constantly to hold on tight.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

At around 2 they learned to use the big kid swings, but still when we are at the park they go on the infant swings sometimes. Oh and we did have some falls, but we lowered the swings so they wouldn't fall far and they could get on and off themselves.

5. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

They can use the big kid swings now but are still scared to go really high. :rolleyes: We still have the "baby" swings because they prefer them.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We stopped the summer mine were 2.5 years old.

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Around 2.5. Last summer they learned to swing themselves. :)

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We have half bucket swings, which I think are great for toddlers/preschoolers. They're open on one side, so the kid can climb right in, but provide support on the back so there's less danger of falling out. I realize you didn't ask about those... but figured I'd mention it just in case anyone else is looking for new swings and wanted an intermediate step between baby swings and older kid ones.

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I still swing mine in the toddler swing at the park. I guess I should give the "big kid" ones a try. I had no idea they might be ready for them.

10. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

we still use the toddler swing at the park when it's time to go and mommy needs to have them in one place to gather things to leave! other than that, they learned to use the regular swings when they were about 18 months...... mine can barely talk (and aren't the greatest listeners;)), but they are extremely athletic!

gl, jl