Induction date set

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chicagomama, Jul 16, 2013.

1. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

This was a surprise to me--making it so far in this pregnancy! I am in my 37th week of this pregnancy, both babies head down and not having any contractions. I am about 2&1/2 cm dilated at last check up, but OB set induction date for 38w1d which is next monday. This is exciting to have a date, but I have never been induced before, both prior pregnancies were spontaneous labor. I kinda like the certainty of it, but inductions and any medical interventions make me really nervous. Wondering if anyone had inductions that were relatively brief? If I am already dilated and this is my 3rd pregnancy, my hope is I would go quickly?

2. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

Keep in mind this was a singleton, but my induction with #2 was less than 12 hours. You still have time to spontaneously go so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I was induced with both of my pregnancies and both lasted the same amount of time, about 8-9 hours from when they gave me the pitocin to birth. I even dilated both times at about the same time of day. With both I was started on pitocin around 8am, started feeling contractions around noon and was about 2-3cm, around 2 I was 4-5 cm and contractions were painful, and by 4-4:30pm I was fully dilated and ready to push. Both times!

That being said, I won't be induced again without a medical reason. Being on a pit drip is, well, the pits. They'll most likely push IV fluids also which makes the experience more annoying. You have to pee every 10 minutes and are hooked up to so many monitors and IV's, it makes it a pain to use the bathroom. Then once you get to the pushing stage, you still have to pee but you just do it all over yourself. Oh the joys of childbirth! Plus the contractions are harder and right on top of each other. It's not an experience I wish to repeat.

Good luck either way!

4. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I've never been induced but congratulations to making it full term!!

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

if you get induced and choose an epidural they will insert a catheter (that will be removed when its time to push) so you don't have to get up and pee...and yes they'll bolus you with fluids to keep you hydrated since you won't be allowed to eat/drink anything...

good luck!

6. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How exciting!! Cant wait to hear the birth story!! Good luck! :clapping:

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's exciting, best of luck to you. :good:

8. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Just wanted to wish you well with a safe and healthy birth tomorrow!

9. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the day! Good luck, I can't wait to see pictures!

10. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

Thank you! Very nervous but hoping all goes well...

11. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Have fun meeting your babies!!

12. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about ya today!! Hope everything went well and you're holding your kiddos!