Increase in appetite at or around 4...anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jjzollman, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Holy cow, these boys are eating like crazy!!

Breakfast today, all before 7:30 when we leave for preschool:

Waffle, grapes for one, blueberries for the other, and a container of yogurt. By the time we arrived at preschool they were both saying they were hungry again! Snack and lunch are at preschool, so I'm not sure how they did there.

Dinner tonight:

1 large slice of pizza, 1 breadstick, green beans, grapes (Finley), 1 banana, and a yogurt!!

It has been going on like this for over a week, so I'm guessing they are in the middle of a growth spurt. But holy cow, add a 7.5 year old into that and we are going through a ton of food! :faint:

Anyone else notice an increase in their appetite around 4?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah, we did. And still do, for breakfast today, Alice had a bowl of cereal, then breakfast 2 at school (usually waffles or french toast sticks), then lunch (pasta bowl, yogurt, two pieces of fruit, fruit snacks, and a bag of chips) then another snack at school, and yet another small snack in my car, then dinner of 3 nuggets, 1/2 cup of macaroni and cheese, 1/2 cup of broccoli, and string cheese. And it's only 6:40 so there's no telling how much more she will eat. Royce is a big eater too, but he's sick right now, so he's not eating.

3. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Here too. :wavey: They will be 4 next month and within minutes of waking I hear "I'm hungry". An hour after breakfast they are hungry again. Right before they leave for school at noon, my one DS will tell me yet again he wants something to eat. :wacko:

Then right before bedtime, I hear it one more time.

They also have told me their knees hurt so I know they are going through a growth spurt.

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Add 3 strawberries each right before bed to that list. :lol:

Glad we are not the only ones with sky rocketing grocery bills!

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My oldest is 4 and he can out eat me these days. He is always asking for something.

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nicholas. This kid just keeps eating and eating! When he really likes something, he will continuosly eat. And it can take him HOURS! Oh my word does it take him forever!

For breakfast, some mornings he will have three bowls of Cheerios, some fruit, a yogurt-and STILL be hungry. :faint:

But yet-if he doesn't like something-he certainly won't eat it!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've noticed that with my son. The other day, I swore he just ate non-stop! :faint: He's not a big milk drinker and yesterday asked for a third cup!

8. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

my girls have hit a second one since they turned four almost 2 months ago! last night ivana was scarfing down her food and chugging her milk down and asking for more food, like she hadn't eaten in days! i couldn't talk, i just stared, wide-eyed at her lol

and the new jeans they got for their birthday, the ones that were a tad long on their birthday, not even 2 months ago... are short now! really? :faint:

9. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Geez, I wish. Amy's eating a wider variety of things since about age 4-5 than she did earlier, but the quantity is about the same (though she is shooting straight up like a weed).

Sarah eats, if this is even possible, less with every passing year -- in both variety and quantity. I don't know how she doesn't wither away.