In what order did you introduce veggies and fruits?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Kellyx2, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

Which veggies first? Which fruits first?

2. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

Which veggies first? Which fruits first?

3. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

We did sweet potatoes first, then squash, green beans, and so on. For fruit, we did applesuce, bananas, prunes, peaches, and so on. We have since stopped the prunes because it effected their diapers, if you know what I mean. But, they loved them.

4. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

We did squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, peas. For fruits, banana, apples, pears, peaches (didn't like)etc.
    Since we waited 3 days between each food, we would do a new fruit then the next new food would be a new veggie. Back and forth.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I alternated veggies and fruits. First I tried carrots, then applesauce, then peas, then pears, then greenbeans, then bananas, then sweet potatoes, then peaches, etc.

For my oldest I did the veggies all before the fruits. The pedi. actually mentioned alternating between veggie and fruit this time when introducing and I liked that idea. It worked great.

6. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

we did all green veggies, then orange, yellow and then we did fruits.. the less sweet ones first.

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

we did the greens first in veggies... and then the oranges (carrots, sweet potatoes) then the not so oranges... (squash)..

In fruits I did Bananas first, then pears, applesauce, peaches, prunes, and so on...

8. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

We did several veggies, then fruits, then rounded out with anything that we hadn't tried. I moved quickly from Stage 1 foods to Stage 2, primarily because the container is larger. They now split a Stage 2 fruit in the morning and a Stage 2 veggie at night. They also get 3-4 tbls of oatmeal at each of these meals.

I started water in a sippy a couple of weeks ago. After dinner they each get to try and drink a little bit. DD does a much better job that DS.

9. LNC20

LNC20 Well-Known Member

I started with peas, then carrots.
    Then we moved to bananas
    next came squash, pears and soon they will try sweet pot. and applesauce.

Not any rhyme or reason...just alternated veggies and fruit.[​IMG]

10. Jello717

Jello717 Well-Known Member

We did bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, squash, pears, then green beans.

11. Brockgirl

Brockgirl Well-Known Member

With my other kids we did less sweet first....green vegies before orange, and less sweet fruits before sweeter ones. My doctor suggested it.

12. sj3g

sj3g Well-Known Member

quote:
    we did all green veggies, then orange, yellow and then we did fruits.. the less sweet ones first.

Our pediatrician suggested this, so that's how we did it too.