Im new to Twinstuff

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ivory, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Ivory

Ivory Member

Hello,

I'm new to twin stuff. I'm a twin mama of 11 month old fraternal girls. I am extremely stressed out and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Im hoping to meet and hopefully befriend some other moms out there.

2. Jessi B

Jessi B New Member

Hi there, I am new also. I know your post is old, but how are things going? I have 13 month old twin girls, along with a 6 and 8 year old. It is hard!!!! Hope you're doing well!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome Jessi B!

4. Noor A

Noor A New Member

Hey Guys,

I have 9 month old twin boys and I seem to be getting more stressed as they get older. They do this thing where they go to sleep at night and keep waking up for a minimum of two hours on and off. They have to be held/rocked to sleep again. Then theyll sleep for a few hours before they wake up again and its non stop nagging and crying and moving all through the night. Ive tried everything from bathing, feeding heavy meals, feeding no meals just milk, white noise, even took them to the Dr to see if something was wrong but nothing!

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this as I am this close to collapsing

N.

Yelisaveta91 likes this.
  5. Yelisaveta91

Yelisaveta91 Member

Hi Noor A.
    During the first months my little girl was crying every night, I tried everything too, but it was useless, I tried giving her milk but she wasn't hungry, I tried hold her in my arms but she didn't want hugs, etc... finally I realized that she didn't had to sleep a lot (maybe she's a bit insomniac so) and that she just hated to be in a crib, she felt like imprisoned and and it made her really anxious.
    So, she was too young for a big bed, but around her 6th month I put her on a mattress on the floor, since then things changed. She stopped crying during night right then, she still woke up during night, but instead of crying she made her little life by her own, because she was now free. Of course the room was secured for her to move around how she wanted. She played alone, once she was able to handle the bottle by her own she had her milk bottle next to her too and she drunks by her own while she woke up and wanted to.
    On the other hand her twin brother always was very calm and quiet. He never cried once, I first was scared and several times thought he was dead. Even while he woke up hungry during night he just waited for hours silently, looking around him observing the room and his bed, sometimes trying to sleep again. I had to be careful about him because he never asked for what he needed. Well, since he learnt to speak he is talkative now.

So, maybe your boys are insomniac ? Maybe they're early independents ? Or maybe it's something else ?
    Anyway I hope you'll be fine.
    If I can give you some advice, if you're confident and too stressed about this, why not trying to make them sleep on the floor ?
    Also, did you even tried to make them in separate rooms ? Maybe it's just because they're together and that they keep each other awaken.

kingeomer likes this.
  6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Are your boys teething? On the verge of doing something new? Sometimes hitting a new milestone and/or teething can effect sleep too.

Yelisaveta91 likes this.
  7. whynotoils

whynotoils New Member

One thing I can offer to you all who are overwhelmed. 18 months is usually when things are easier often enough to notice. My husband had a count down on his clock lol.

Yelisaveta91 likes this.
  8. KamaMoca

KamaMoca Member

Hi There I am a photographer here in Lancaster,Pa. Im quite passionate about this and decided to start my own business this year. I love it and would love to meet others who work in this area as well.

If you liked this article and you also would like to be given more info regarding How do you get really good at video games nicely visit the web site