I'm going stir crazy!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cheezewhiz24, Feb 26, 2014.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids are usually healthy (don't hate me!) but over the weekend both boys got a nice, long, bug. I was ok with it then but it's Wednesday and they are in that weird not sick enough to lay around but too sick to go out stage. I took 1 to school today but he sprouted a nice low grade fever so he is definitely not going tomorrow. His brother is not as well as he is so I think Thursday is a wash for school. 

I'm stalking Pinterest for crafts as they want to run around and hack themselves to death/run up their fevers. Any tried and true activities for 75% well kids?

I'm also escaping to Target tonight after dinner alone. MUST.GET.OUT.OF.HOUSE.

2. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I feel ya just because if all the dang snow!!! Add sick ones and def makes for long days!:/

My kids love those peg board/bead/melt when your done crafts (no idea on name), coloring, baking, anything messy;)

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

My kids so don't do well when trapped inside.

They do enjoy those melty bead crafts though. We don't do many arts and crafts on a regular basis, so we I bust those out, it helps.

I hope they are better now!
    But I completely understand the need to just get out. I get cabin fever as much as they do!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sebastian did his first melty bead craft yesterday and broke it after I ironed it within 3 minutes. I'm going to try to re-iron it together and make it a magnet today.

They both had a low grade fever last night before bed. So today is another day of rest. Thus far I've made Orion do 2 puzzles and they've had LONNGGGG baths. Later I'm going to do shaving cream + food coloring fun.

5. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

What about building a fort with your kitchen or dining room table? That's something else mine love.

I've never thought to make the melty beads into a magnet. That would make a good Mother's Day gift for grandmas!

1 person likes this.