I'm finding this difficult to believe

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by AimeeThomp, Sep 10, 2013.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Glad it went well!!

2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Off topic here: I want to reply to this - Stephanie, I am a twin, I was born at 35 weeks, I was 4 pounds at birth and I have HORRIBLE teeth - they look nice - but I had cavities when I was 5 and now at 36 I have 4 crowns already and all my molars have fillings. I am scared about what's going to happen with my teeth in my 60's :). I brush my teeth twice a day - I always have, I floss daily and I use mouthwash. My father has horrible teeth also and he's not premature. Of course, my mom had her first filling at 55 - I am so jealous :). I am not sure if this is related to me being premature or to me having bad teeth like my father, but that's my story.

Amee- I am glad Lily is OK now, I hope all goes well with Ameilia also.

1 person likes this.
  3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Glad you went in for a second opinion.  Here I was feeling horrible that my youngest & daughter had two cavities each.  I still brush Evan's teeth because he doesn't seem to be able to master that yet.  The hygienist said his teeth are brushed fine but it is the food that get stuck in between.  So, I've been flossing their teeth a lot better.  Hopefully next visit will go better.  My oldest son's teeth are have space between them.  He doesn't have the in between teeth issue, just an issue of brushing up by his gumline. 

I'm glad you feel better about your original dentist now as well.  We go to a regular dentist.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Another update - I brought Amelia this morning and thank goodness I did. Two of her teeth were so bad they had to remove the nerves. They could have abscessed.

She spent a good hour being worked on and I was there with her all morning but I'm glad I did it.

5. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Oh poor girl! I hope she's resting up and feeling better. 

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Ugh. Poor girl. :(. Glad it's over with for all of you!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: to you and Amelia!  Hope she is feeling better!