I'm 31 weeks 4 days prego with twin girls

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Crystal_K, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Crystal_K

Crystal_K Member

I have my 32 week ultrasound and check up on Monday I dunno how much longer i'm gonna go I've been so uncomfortable and sore lately and having a really hard time sleeping and they are getting VERY heavy when i'm not sitting down if I have my girls any time now should I have much to worry about?

2. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your girls!! Your babies would be pre mature if you had them now and while every baby is different, the chances of them needing to go to the NICU are pretty high and having to leave your babies behind is really hard. One of my boys had to stay in the NICU for a week. It was so hard to see him there, hooked up to all kinds of machines. He needed an IV and his veins kept blowing- at one point he had an IV in his head. It was the most difficult week of my life and I'm not trying to scare you but just trying to be honest. My boys were born at 35 weeks and I didn't think they'd have any issues, but you just never know. I know how uncomfortable you are but they're better off in your belly at this point. Hang in there- you've done great getting this far and once they're here safely, all this discomfort will become a distant memory!! Good luck!! :)

3. Crystal_K

Crystal_K Member

Thanks the Dr's want me to hold on till at least 35 weeks they said I have a ultrasound on Monday and check up so I will have more info then and I think it will help my girls that I was put in the hospital at 26 weeks and giving 2 shots of salestone (steroids) for their lungs so that should help when they are born because I got that already

4. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I just about wrote this same post a few weeks ago. I can't tell you I feel any better. I think these last weeks are a huge test for us physically. Just keep looking towards the final goal of two healthy babies. The longer they cook the healthier they are. It is so so so so hard! Everyday I wonder how much longer can my body make and I get through the day. So just take it day by day now and before you know it you will be almost 35-36-37 weeks. I am scheduled for a c-section at 38.1wks, so little more than 3wks away. You can make it.
    Ps. I had the steroid shots to around 29wks.

5. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 34 weeks, 5 days and my ds spent 12 days in the NICU and has lingering breathing issues including asthma and reactive airway disease and my dd spent 10 days in the NICU before she got to come home. I know it is hard and you don't feel like you can make it another day but every day they stay with you the less time they will spend in the NICU and that is a really good thing!

6. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

My DD's were born at 31w0d and spent 34 and 41 days in the NICU. Hang in there, it's much easier to deal with the discomforts of being pregnant with twins than to watch your little ones fight in the NICU. I was on bedrest for 15 weeks, which was sheer torture, but I'd do that double, triple, even more than have to go through another NICU stay.

ETA: I had steroid shots right at 24 weeks, and a rescue dose 48 hours before they were delivered. It definitely helped, but more time in the womb would have helped more.