If you were BFing when you got pregnant-

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by E&Msmom, Apr 4, 2009.

1. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I remember when I got pregnant with the twins, my breast swelled and were definitely tender. I couldnt even sleep on them.

This time around Im nursing and just found out Im pregnant. I havent noticed any change at all. No tenderness, no increase in size, no decrease in milk nothing.

What have you experienced?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I didn't know I was pregnant until I was a week late. I was in the process of weaning and cutting out sessions. I was VERY sore. So sore I couldn't get my toddlers out of the tub by myself *they* hurt so bad. When I was pregnant with the twins, I don't remember any breast soreness issues at all... but I wasn't breastfeeding either.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I didn't know that I was pregnant this time until I was 8 weeks pregnant. Elizabeth was still nursing 2-3 times a day and I didn't notice any difference. I nursed her until about 6 weeks ago and my supply was fine.

4. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

I was nursing my singleton when I found out I was pregnant with the twins. I didn't notice any difference in my breast as far as tenderness, soreness until about week 18 or so. I was back to work full-time and pumping for bottles and DID notice a HUGE drop in my supply. I ended up having to supplement formula for those feedings. However, when I was home and nursing my son he seemed satisfied after nursing for the same amount of time as before I was pregnant. I just finsihed weaning him last week and the plus to that was I had pretty much NO engorgement during that process!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

5. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

How are you feeling, Jess?

6. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Im feeling anxious for my ultrasound on Monday :) I really want to know if its 1 really healthy baby or 2 again.

We stopped night nursing (hooray) so we are down to morning and before bed and thats it! Ive had no noticeable changes in my breast at all. Its strange for me. Makes me wonder if they will balloon up again like they did in my first pregnancy or what will happen.

thanks for asking :)

7. Username

Username Well-Known Member

I nursed throughmy second pregnancy until 39 weeks and didn't notice any changes. With my third pregnancy I nursed until I miscarried at 4 months and didn't notice any changes. I don't think it means anything, so try to relax. Good luck with it all!

8. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Username @ Apr 8 2009, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1264924[/snapback]
    I nursed throughmy second pregnancy until 39 weeks and didn't notice any changes. With my third pregnancy I nursed until I miscarried at 4 months and didn't notice any changes. I don't think it means anything, so try to relax. Good luck with it all!

omg, i'm so sorry that you mc'd at 4 months. what a heartbreak.

jess, so glad you're feeling well! i can't wait 'till monday, either! just 2 more days:).

9. Joyful

Joyful Well-Known Member

I have gotten pregnant twice while breastfeeding and didn't see a difference in size, tenderness or supply in either.