If you had to vote today

Discussion in 'General' started by AWerner, Jul 5, 2007.

?

If you had to vote today for U.S. President, who would you pick?

1. Biden, Joe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clinton, Hillary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dodd, Chris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Edwards, John

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Giuliani, Rudy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Huckabee, Mike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. McCain, John

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Obama, Barack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Paul, Ron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Romney, Mitt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Thompson, Fred

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

I know the election is still pretty far away but we are getting excited already in our house for a change. So I was curious who TS moms and dads are liking so far.

2. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Ron Paul!! :D

3. Tony Hooker

Tony Hooker Well-Known Member

Fred Thompson, if he does officially get into the race. Mitt Romney if he doesn't. Neither of them are my perfect candidates, but close enough to vote for, as compared to anyone else out there.

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Hillary

5. Shayshay

Shayshay Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Jul 6 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]319203[/snapback]
    Hillary

Ditto!

6. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

Fred Thompson - looks like he'll be entering the race any day now. As pp said, Mitt Romney if he doesn't.

7. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tony Hooker @ Jul 6 2007, 08:11 AM) [snapback]319201[/snapback]
    Fred Thompson, if he does officially get into the race. Mitt Romney if he doesn't. Neither of them are my perfect candidates, but close enough to vote for, as compared to anyone else out there.

Ditto here!

8. al-lee-soooon

al-lee-soooon Well-Known Member

I like Mike Huckabee.

But my decision isn't set in stone yet. Although I am really excited about voting. I know it sounds nerdy but I wasn't old enough last time and I finally am so I will be casting my ballot in 08'.

9. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

Barak Obama. I heard him speak two weeks ago and it was incredible. He had some good ideas, and can think on his feet.

For me having had too much of Mitt Romney here in MA, I just couldn't bring myself to vote to make the entire country have to live with his politics for four years. What we had was bad enough. (IMO)

10. Jersey_Girls

Jersey_Girls Well-Known Member

11. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(angelsmom2001 @ Jul 6 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]319313[/snapback]
    Barak Obama. I heard him speak two weeks ago and it was incredible. He had some good ideas, and can think on his feet.

LOVE LOVE :wub: :wub: him

12. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I am not sure yet. I read Ron Pauls issues..and I really liked him. I also like Fred Thompson.

I am very conservative Replublican...so my vote will go that way no matter who it is. :)

Brandy

13. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Michael Bloomberg, if he runs.

14. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

with who is out there now it would be Hillary. although, i do have to admit that i loved Guiliani as the Mayor but not sure how i would like him as a president. i think you have to be from ny and living here when 9/11 occured. he was just so amazing for us at one of the worst times of crisis ever. i really feel he helped us to get through it much better than anyone would have.

i do love bloomberg as our mayor and think he is pretty fair and intellegent for the most part. what i don't like about him (as an educator) is that he put that idiot Joel Klein in charge of the education system of nyc and he doesn't know crap about education or being an educator. they are turning our schools into little businesses with "managers" and "assistent managers" (instead of principals and assistant principals) running it and it is ruining our education system IMHO.

15. QUOTE(kma13 @ Jul 6 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]319340[/snapback]
    LOVE LOVE :wub: :wub: him

Also a Barack Fan!!!! He is a great guy and would make a wonderful president!

16. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

John McCain.

17. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I will definitely be choosing between Barack Obama, or Hillary. I am leaning more towards Hillary.

18. kdmom

kdmom Well-Known Member

Barak Obama all the way for me. I'm from Illinois and I love him. Imagine a political figure that does what he says!!! He is also very smart and charismatic. He really cares about the PEOPLE and not the special interest groups. He would make a fabulous president!

19. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tony Hooker @ Jul 6 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]319201[/snapback]

A second to that here. Probably the most conservative Republican... whoever that ends up being.

20. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

My vote goes to...Craig---So far I am not comfortable enough with ANY of the actual candidates (including the ones who will but have not yet announced) to actually cast a vote for them.

21. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

22. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

figured I would put an actual poll in this thread to see how the candidates shape up at this early date (put Thompson in but didn't put Bloomberg in this early poll of the two most prominent not to officially toss their hat in the ring). And sorry to any fans of Brownback, Richardson or any of the others officially in the race who I didn't include in this poll.

eta - if anyone wants more information on any candidate my older brother is producing the election coverage for his radio station - KCBS in San Francisco. Here's a link to his site which includes his interviews with some of the candidates.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/262036.php?conte...ontentId=344824

23. bhayl

bhayl New Member

24. admomom

admomom Well-Known Member

I'm an OBAMA MAMA! Like motherhood and apple pie - what's not to love? Even Brownback likes him! :D Dream ticket would be Obama and father-of-7 McCain. What a combo that would be!

Frankly I'd be happy with anyone that has a different last name from all of the presidents over 20 YEARS! Maybe Hillary could "abdicate" in favor of Chelsea? ;)

Thanks for links to Paul. Didn't know much about him - interesting.

25. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

I haven't looked real close yet, but whoever gets my vote will be a democrat.

26. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

For those of you planning to vote in the primaries, please be sure to check your state's party registration requirements. In Texas, you just show up to one of the primaries and vote there. You can only vote in one primary, though. I'm not sure how it works in other states!

27. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

Other - Bill Richardson, who has declared his candidacy. Or Chuck Hagel who hasn't.

28. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Thompson. There isn't anyone else I'd vote for...at least without holding my nose and a prayer.

29. Tasha

Tasha Well-Known Member

I am glad this was posted! It made me learn more about the ones I didn't know much about. And I didn't change my vote, but learned why I would be an even stronger voter for Mike Huckabee.

Check out: [topic="Mike Huckabee"]http://www.mikehuckabee.com[/topic]

I am surprised to see so many for Hillary.....I can't see that lady in command of our country....that would make me feel totally unsafe in this U.S. of A.

30. Jersey_Girls

Jersey_Girls Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tasha @ Jul 6 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]319827[/snapback]
    I am surprised to see so many for Hillary.....I can't see that lady in command of our country....that would make me feel totally unsafe in this U.S. of A.

Funny... that's how I feel about the person currently in command of our country.

I was surprised to see so many Hillary fans too. Woo hoo! I am a huge fan. AND I would LOVE for my daughters to grow up witnessing first hand that a woman can be President of the United States! Dream ticket for me would be Hillary/Barrack.

31. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

Probably Romney...not 100% sure of that yet. This has nothing to do with the fact that I am LDS (Mormon). I just like his political views. If not Romney, then definately a Republican!

I was surprised to see how many people said that if Thompson didn't run they would vote for Romney. So far most of what I have heard of Romney even from the Republicans is that they would NEVER vote for a "Mormon President." Heck I have even heard some LDS say they wouldn't vote for Romey.

32. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Donita @ Jul 6 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]319687[/snapback]
    I haven't looked real close yet, but whoever gets my vote will be a democrat.

I am pretty much the same way. It will be a demoncrate for me too. The only Rep. that would be consider is Guiliani.....I think he handled 9/11 very well.

So most likely it will be Obama or Clinton. I really liked Edwards in 04 but I think he is weaker this time. I really want to check out Obama. I really get into the Presidental Elections so I am getting excited.

April

33. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jersey_Girls @ Jul 6 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]319847[/snapback]
    Funny... that's how I feel about the person currently in command of our country.

I was surprised to see so many Hillary fans too. Woo hoo! I am a huge fan. AND I would LOVE for my daughters to grow up witnessing first hand that a woman can be President of the United States! Dream ticket for me would be Hillary/Barrack.

Hahahaha!!!! Love it!!

He has totally screwed up this country.

34. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

Not that this is the place for it...But I still like President Bush..and stand behind him. He is great for the military...:)

Brandy

35. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jersey_Girls @ Jul 6 2007, 06:51 PM) [​IMG]Funny... that's how I feel about the person currently in command of our country.

QUOTE(mar66rus2 @ Jul 6 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]319903[/snapback]
    Hahahaha!!!! Love it!!

He has totally screwed up this country.

Me too me too!!!