I want to vandalize my neighbor's basketball hoop.

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ahmerl, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

I swear they are going to drive me insane. THe boys next door get home at 2:30 everyday and immediatly run outside to shoot hoops. I put Jack and Lily down at 2 and both of their bedrooms have windows facing our neighbors. THE darn basketball is SOOO LOUD. You would not think we would hear too much as we are both in normal sized homes with an adequate amount of space in between. That being said, every bounce of the basketball and every THUD that signaifes a missed shot makes me want to sneak over in the middle of the night and knock it over and drag it out into the woods. I have sound machines in J and L's bedrooms but I still swear it wakes them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And when they are not playing basketball they are slamming all of their car doors shut all afternoon for some unknown reason.

2. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Sorry you have to deal with that. I'm right there with you on the noisy neighbors. Ours come and go right at bedtime. So they are slamming car doors and our dog is barking or growling at their noises. :hug:

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's a bummer! I get frustrated when our neighbors decide to have a backyard party and be super loud, thus waking the babies despite music we have going in their rooms... I am sorry that you have to deal with that :hug:

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I totally feel your pain! The neighbors we had before our current neighbors had a son that was 11 or 12, and one night he and his friends stayed up half the night playing basketball and throwing the ball against our house! It made a shelf in our back room fall onto our dog kennels. This was long before we had kids, thank goodness.

I hope they stop the racket soon!

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Oh that stinks. Do you know them? Can you talk to the parents about it?