I made it to 30 weeks!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HollyP, Nov 6, 2009.

1. HollyP

HollyP Well-Known Member

That elusive "3-0" was a goal for me - and here I am, with no major issues. I delivered DS at 35 weeks due to toxemia, so I'm staying guarded and reminding myself anything can happen. But I'm trying to make it to at least 36-37 weeks before a c-section.

I am starting my maternity leave soon too. I'm taking vacation 11/20-11/27, and then the official leave starts 11/30. So less than two weeks of work left for me, and I can't wait. I am finding it difficult to do my daily activities. Just bending over to pick something up, makes me see stars.

I'm in quite a pickle too, but it won't change anything. My healthcare benefits are drastically changing between 2009 and 2010. If I deliver this year, I pay $300 and that's it. If I deliver next year I have a $5500 deductible before insurance covers anything. But my peri has told me he does not see me going into 2010, but I also have to keep in mind the boys could be in the NICU regardless. So just some stuff that's been going through my mind. But this is not determining my delivery - that's not an issue for me, I just want them here and healthy.

Anyways, I'm rambling - but wanted to share my milestone. It's down to the wire now and I can't wait!

2. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I'm 21 weeks and really hoping to make it to 36, as well.

I wish health insurance was more stable from year to year...

Keep us posted on your progress!

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Yeah :banana: keep them cooking

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congrats Holly on a great milestone!! :Clap: I'm sorry that you have to worry about insurance and $$$. :hug: :hug: It shouldn't be something that is on your mind. :(

5. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting to 30 weeks! Keep those babies cooking!! Good luck your last few weeks at work, take it as easy as you can!

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:yahoo: That is great!!!

7. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

YAY! I remember checking off those milestones! Hope things go well for you!

8. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

30 Weeks!!! Woo Hoo!!!

That is so huge! Congrats...

Maybe they will surprise you and u have them before the end of this year and who knows...they could even be home before the end of the year.

Try not to worry too much bout "what ifs" in the future(easier said than done)...just keep cookin em like you are.

9. Toyah69

Toyah69 New Member

10. Toyah69

Toyah69 New Member

Holly we are in EXACTLY the same boat. I had my ds at 35 weeks due to Pre eclampsia. I will be 30 weeks on Wednesday. My company also switch insurance palns starting enxt year that will have a higher deductible. I of course want healthy babies more than anything but I hope I have them before the year is over.

I have made plans to start my leave on December 1st. I have vacation the week of Thanskgiving so I figure I just ahve really 2 more weeks of work.

Good luck to you!

11. HollyP

HollyP Well-Known Member

Wow we really ARE in the same boat! Good luck to you too!