i know it's early but here are our choices

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by haleystar, Feb 4, 2009.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

we don't know what we are having yet but we've picked out to for each sex, what do you think....

girls
    alexandria faye (my husband's pick - he likes eqypt and faye was his grandmother's name)
    olivia madelynn (my picks - obsessed with both names, husband doesn't care for them - too bad!)

boys
    river alexander
    dante william
    (both of these we agree on)

my husband is very picky when it comes to names but fortunately we each get to pick one. :D

so what's the verdict?

2. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

One of my best friends named her son Dante. Since your asking for opinions I'll tell you what I told her. I don't like it because when I (and many people) here that name, the next thing that pops into our heads is Inferno.

But the very most important thing in naming is that YOU love the names.

3. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I think the names are nice.. but for some reason, to me, Madelynn Olivia would sound better than Olivia Madelynn. just a personal preference I guess.
    Congratulations on the babies!!

4. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

I can't believe that you already have them picked! That's great!

I ike the names. They all sound cute together. Congratulations!

5. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

Cute names! I like all of them.

Erica

6. luvinit

luvinit Well-Known Member

Not crazy about River Alexander. If you want to use both those names I would switch it to Alexander River. It just doesnt seem like a name that would grow well with a boy into manhood IMO. Also which names win if you are having boy/girl twins. BTW I love the girls names.

7. haleystar

QUOTE(luvinit @ Feb 4 2009, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1176698[/snapback]
    Not crazy about River Alexander. If you want to use both those names I would switch it to Alexander River. It just doesnt seem like a name that would grow well with a boy into manhood IMO. Also which names win if you are having boy/girl twins. BTW I love the girls names.

that's what my husband says too, about river. he says the kid would have to be extra tough, hah! but what can i say i'm in love with that name.

as far as boy/girl twins, we are having identicals so it will be all girls or all boys.

8. haleystar

QUOTE(Meximeli @ Feb 4 2009, 01:26 PM) [snapback]1176086[/snapback]
    One of my best friends named her son Dante. Since your asking for opinions I'll tell you what I told her. I don't like it because when I (and many people) here that name, the next thing that pops into our heads is Inferno.

But the very most important thing in naming is that YOU love the names.

that's funny and half the reason we like it. dante's inferno is one of dh's favorite books

9. kymbahlee

kymbahlee Well-Known Member

Oh this shows how totally non literate I am - Dante reminds me more of Dante's Peak than Dante's Inferno! But, still a great name.
    I am more of a fan of Madelynn Olivia too. Alexandria Faye is beautiful.
    I like River. I also love the names Reed and Leif so I am into a nature theme at the moment.