I have some confessions - now that I'm in the 2nd year

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by lbrooks, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

These are great. My confessions will have to come in smaller "portions" since I don't have time to list them all now. Many of mine are repeats of some of yours anyway (which makes me feel sooooo much better about my life).

1. Most days I get home from work shortly before 5:00. The girls are starving by the time we get home, so I have to feed them right away. While they are eating (usually leftovers from the night before) I unload the dishwasher and start loading the supper dishes from THE NIGHT BEFORE. I can never get ahead. I'm always doing the supper dishes from last night before I start making supper for tonight.
    2. DH and I both go to bed at about 8:30 every night. Usually we watch TV, so we don't actually fall asleep until 9:00 or so. I never admit to my coworkers and friends how early we go to bed because it just makes me feel lazy. I really need 8-9 hours of sleep to function at work. Dealing with other people's 5-12 year olds when I've had less than 8 hours of sleep is not a pretty picture.

Stay tuned...more to come...

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my son eat chicken nuggets and my daughter eats hot dogs 5 nights out of 7 because...well...thats what they want!

cookies are sometimes an acceptable dinner (not very often but if they have a late snack and fall asleep - oh well)

milk is also an acceptable dinner

wash hands before eating???

I put sippy cups back in the fridge and use them the next day again - just refill with milk

the kids go to daycare MWF - when I work nights (I work swing shifts) after DH takes them to school (he works straight days) I'll go back to bed until 10 AM

they fart....I laugh - I also laugh when my daughter uses "sonofab*tch" in context and Ian uses "dammit" in context

I'm a yeller

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I let them play with the remote control - and they wreak all kinds of havoc with the TV - and really, I don't care. The darn remote keeps them entertained for 10-15 minutes but only when the TV is on and they can see the channels changing, things being recorded, etc.

I let them play with pots, pans, silverware, etc. and if it is too big to fit in the dishwasher, I just stick it back in the cabinet. The floor can't be that dirty!? Right? I mean, the babies eat their snack (and leftovers) on it, after all! ;)

4. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

This is, by far, the absolute best thread ever on Twinstuff...thank you so much for helping me realize I am not alone in my fear of horrible mommydom.

1. I look foward to my DH getting home at night so I have someone to yell at...other than the dog and kids.

2. I have left my kids in their cribs, awake, until Guiding Light is over...cut me a break, Phillip came back.

3. My boys still won't/can't eat crunchy foods. Pudding reigns supreme at our house.

4. I feel like a total failure b/c they aren't talking as much as they should be.

5. I am just now getting rid of the night time bottle...and they are almost 2.

6. I am now the queen of insane and improbable scenarios featuring toddler death...show me a boat and I can think of 50 ways for someone to get hurt/maimed/killed.

7. I drive way too fast with them in the car and yell obscenities at other drivers...James is on his way to clearly saying "Out of the way, D*ckhead".

8. I have no problem playing in my closet while they roam the house...one level, all childproofed, though.

9. Sometimes I just lay in the floor while they are playing around me...and throw out a random "great job" or "way to go".

10. I RUN for a glass of wine as soon as I shut their door at night...

5. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

1.) My kids don't eat healthy at all. Frozen waffles, pancakes, & spagettios are lifesavers.
    2.) If a chunk of fruit falls on the floor, I've been known to pick it up, blow on it & return it to their trays.
    3.) As a 19 year old mom of twins, I feel the need to be a hot one. I mean, cmon!
    4.) Sometimes I get so caught up, I totally forget about changing their diaper for hours on end (Ugh, bad mommy!)
    5.) I find it challenging to bathe the twins on an everyday basis.. plus I find it pointless when their just going to wake up soaked in pee the next morning anyways.
    6.) My BF doesn't help out at all. Many nights I end up crying (either real or inside) because I just want a little help.. it's hard feeling like a single mom..
    7.) I countdown until their nap & bed time.. I try to get them to sleep as often as possible
    8.) I don't think the boys are together as often as they should be. Both grandparents want to see the twins but prefer one at a time, so one usually goes over there for a night, and then the next the other night. This happens a good 2-3 times per week.
    9.) When I go out, I ususally never call to check in on them.. it will only make me crazier and I prefer not to know what's going on unless it's an emergency
    10.) I actually love the attention from strangers and make sure the boys look top notch at all times from head to toe.
    11.) I HATE taking them out to restaurants.. it's so embarassing when they chuck rattles & toys at the table next to us. Half the time, I end up feeding them my plate and totally forget to eat myself just to keep them occupied.. defeats the purpose of going out to eat huh?
    12.) One time I actually TRIED eating my food at the restaurant until I looked over to see them chomping away on crayons. That quickly ended my meal.
    13.) Anthony hates when I look at him sternly & say 'STOP IT.' He'll usually bawl hysertically and while I know the outcome, I still do it.
    14.) I yell and scream WAY TOO MUCH around them. I always try to stop myself but it never works. I get nervous that they'll grow up being aggresive.
    15.) I got big hopes for my kids.. maybe a little unrealistic.. there's nothing wrong with wanting your child to be the next teen sensation heartthrob, is there?

THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW!

6. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

9. Sometimes I just lay in the floor while they are playing around me...and throw out a random "great job" or "way to go".

OMG! I do this all the time, I will lay on the floor with my eyes closed, let them crawl all over me and show me every single one of their toys, I just say 'yay' or 'big girl'!

3.) As a 19 year old mom of twins, I feel the need to be a hot one. I mean, cmon!

I am 31 (for the 3rd time) and single so I totally get this one! :spiteful:

7. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Had to add...
    I'm also one who wants my girls to coordinate/match all the time. It annoys me when people buy them clothes that they THINK coordinate but really don't. It also bugs me when DH dresses them in the morning in completely un-matching outfits and there is no time to change them before we leave. I put more effort into making them look good when we go out somewhere than myself.

8. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

QUOTE(benderboys @ Mar 26 2009, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1246323[/snapback]
    10. I RUN for a glass of wine as soon as I shut their door at night...

1. Yes, OOOOHH Yes!!
    2. The TV is on WAYYY too much here. I know better. At one point I didn't have a TV. Now? Dora and Diego...all day long!
    3. Eat off the floors? Is there any other way? Seriously! What they refuse in their chairs and throw on the floor, they will then eat that same food off the floor!
    4. If they will watch TV and not fight, I will stay out of the room as long as possible.
    5. I only wash their hands if they are sticky.
    6. I tuck them in at night, and NEVER go in again till they yell for me in the morning. I don't check on them unless they cry. There are nights I hear one yell "wake up baby" to the other one at 1 am and they get up and play in their cribs for HOURS. Unless they cry, I don't go in.
    7. I don't always wait for my independant child to attempt to buckle herself in. Sometimes I do it and let her cry.
    8. They are still addicted to their Binkys.
    9. I take way too many picures of the twins. I tell the big girls it's just because I have SOOO many pictures of them I have to catch up. I lie. Twins are too cute.
    10. Deep, deep down I hope maybe God gave me twins thinking maybe, just maybe I was doing a decent job parenting?
    11. I drink so much Diet soda I think it would be cheaper if I just bathed in it.
    12. Some of my families favorite foods: Cereal with milk, Jelly sandwiches, and ramen noodles.
    13. I take naps at least 3 days a week and when my big girls get home on the bus, I let them snack on whatever they want just to continue my nap till the babies get up.
    14. I spend an obscene amount of time on the computer.
    15. I am enjoying this list WAY too much. (and the glass of wine you all reminded me to have!)
    16. The front rooms of my house are clean once a day. The rest? What rest? Who says there is more to my house?
    17. I shower...when I can... 3-4 times a week? Maybe?
    18. I pretend I don't see them fall down unless they cry.
    19. If they are happy playing together, or reading books I don't get them up from nap till they call for me.
    20. If one doesn't finish their food, I give it to the other one. Or reheat it for an older girl. Or DH. I never eat it.

9. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

This thread is amazing. Thank you all, amazing moms, for helping me feel so much better about myself as a mother.

I can relate to almost EVERY single one of your lists, and mine probably won't contain anything new.

I'm feeling brain-dead from a day with the boys but here goes...

1. I loooove my boys with all my heart, but there are many days when I feel that I have been deprived of the singleton bonding experience. I constantly feel that I can never possibly make up for the insanity that is twinhood and bond with both of them adequately. I guess that's why they have such an amazing bond with each other.

2. Jackson still has a pacifier addiction and if I let him, he would suck on it all day long. Some days, when I don't feel like fighting, I actually do let him.

3. Some days, I wish the boys didn't have a million food allergies so that I could just feed them some easy, quick junk food.

4. I yell far too much, and I have never been a yeller. I never, ever remember my mom yelling at any of us... so I feel really guilty for yelling at the boys so much. :(

5. Sometimes when my boys are fussing in the play room and I am in another room, I just yell "Share nicely with each other" and don't actually go in to referee. Within reason, depending on the type of cry, of course.

6. I hardly ever clean their toys.

7. Sometimes I feel like I might be way too strict with them, but I have to keep some level of control. You all know how that goes!!

8. I harbor a strong level of resentment toward my local in-laws who never help out with the boys. I often feel like I am running on empty and would be a much better mom if I just had a chance to get away from them for a few minutes.

9. I spend all day trying to get a few small chores done around the house. Then, when the boys go to bed, I am so exhausted and overstimulated that I can often not even muster the energy to do anything other than sit on the couch with my laptop.

10. I lay in bed, trying to semi-sleep for about 30 minutes after my boys wake up. They're talking and reasonably happy, but I still feel guilty.

11. I wish I could afford to spend a little bit of time away from the boys each week, just a couple of hours during the time period that they are awake. Evenings just don't count for me.

12. I often feel like I have no clue WTH I am doing.

13. I smile when people comment on my boys, and when I get the glorious "How do you do it?" question, I usually say "It's a lot of work, but they are a lot of fun, too." I feel like it's accurate but doesn't sugar-coat anything too much. Honestly, I feel so isolated as a SAHM that I sometimes really enjoy talking to random strangers about my kids.... just to have adult human interaction for a few seconds.

14. I never thought it would be this hard, and I thought it would only get easier.... boy was I wrong.

15. There are days that I wish every piece if Elmo memorabilia would disappear because I am so.freaking.sick. of hearing about Elmo!

16. I feel guilty for wishing away various stages my boys are in, because I want to cherish every moment... but there are many stages that I will be glad to never experience again!

17. I feel like my kids are miserable the majority of most days, but then I am pretty sure they would be more miserable if they were in another environment. We humans sure are hard-wired to take those closest to us for granted, huh?

18. I find myself contemplating confronting people who are staring/glaring at me sometimes. I am pretty sure most of them don't have twins, and most of the men probably haven't been SAHD's to twins. I've never confronted anyone over anything before, but I've also never been considered responsible for the behavior of two totally (at times) unreasonable, screaming, hysterical little people before, either!

19. I nearly had a nervous breakdown today when Jacob once again refused to nap. I feel like I've had a colicky infant (in the daytime only) for the majority of 2 years and am not sure how much more my nerves can take!!!!!! I hate nothing worse than naptime, and it makes me feel all kinds of awful feelings toward him. I also feel like I must be failing him, but what else can I do that I haven't already?!

20. It's a miracle my DP and I are still married (legally in Canada! ;) ). She suggested I get a 40-hour-per week job when the boys were 2 months old, and I was SAHMing and BFing full-time. After all, it's "only 40 hours per week". This, in addition to being a full-time SAHM and the only one doing night duty for twins. I almost killed her. Thankfully, she "gets it" a bit more now!

Oh, I could go on and on, but surely TS has a length limit on posts?!

Thanks for the catharsis!

10. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

Another one - I miss working sooo bad!!!

11. jjzollman

QUOTE(twinboys07 @ Mar 27 2009, 12:41 AM) [snapback]1246569[/snapback]

I NEVER clean their toys (unless they truly have spit-up, poop, dirt, etc. on them). It builds the immune system, right?? ;)

12. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I have a really hard time in the middle of the night when they are awake...and that is most nights, b/c we can't figure out how to get them to STTN. I get angry, mad, frustrated and become the biggest b**ch you have ever seen. It is the only times my husband and I don't get along. We usually end up at each other's throats b/c we are exhausted and just would like some decent sleep. I get sick and tired of hearing from him at 2am or whatever time that they are just babies and not to get frustrated. He hasn't dealt with them all day and isn't on the brink of madness! I always feel guilty come morning that I wasn't all lovey dovey but I am not good without sleep and well, after a year I really thought they would be STTN.

Dianna

13. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Excellent thread - made me laugh reading all the things I do too!

14. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I will try not to repeat some of the previous mentioned (well too much)

--- way too much T.v. here in Australia the kid shows are on while my two are sleeping so they get to watch what I'm watching. and yes they do watch T.v. with too much focus. Being a SAHM really can be so boring....

--- being pg with #3 I'm still wondering "what was I thinking?" and I'm due in 3 weeks.

--- baby food from the jars, still using bottles, yup

--- I FINALLY WASHED their sleeping bags today and I can't remember the last time.

--- I so feel like I don't do enough for them developmentally because I'm just not chatty with them. Reading books is always a hassle as they fight over them or bite the books into peices.... I see other kids who are the same age as mine and they seem way more advanced in their understanding.

--- I hate that my girls don't have any family nearby which I think would give them more interaction and teach them more things.

--- Being pg I just get so tired I can't get my butt off the couch to play with them sometimes.

--- My girls have slept well, STTN, but I swear this has become my pride and joy --- the thing I am the most proud of in the world is my girls' sleep habits. I need a life.

--- the only books I read are about toddlers.

Heather

15. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i miss my social life, and i hate that i have no social skills anymore. i really don't know how to talk to adults anymore. i stutter, i pause, i don't know what i'm saying or what i'm trying to say, and then i get all self concious cuz i feel like people are looking at me like i'm nuts.

16. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I never clean toys either unless they are sticky or got puked on.

I let them fuss also (as long as they don't cry) when I'm in the other room because I know it will be worse if I go check on them and leave

I sometimes wait to go to the bathroom/get a drink until I can't take it anymore so they don't see me walk in front of the room. Actually, I try to stay as quiet as I can if they're playing happily in their room so they don't start whining

They have some form of toast for lunch 5 days out of 7 (with fruit)

I don't talk to them nearly enough. I have a really hard time doing chit chat with a 1 year old, let alone two

I also spend way too much time online

If I want to read, I'll stay in another room. If I sit down with them they will try to destroy my book.

17. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Dianna @ Mar 27 2009, 05:42 AM) [snapback]1246622[/snapback]
    I have a really hard time in the middle of the night when they are awake...and that is most nights, b/c we can't figure out how to get them to STTN. I get angry, mad, frustrated and become the biggest b**ch you have ever seen. It is the only times my husband and I don't get along. We usually end up at each other's throats b/c we are exhausted and just would like some decent sleep. I get sick and tired of hearing from him at 2am or whatever time that they are just babies and not to get frustrated. He hasn't dealt with them all day and isn't on the brink of madness! I always feel guilty come morning that I wasn't all lovey dovey but I am not good without sleep and well, after a year I really thought they would be STTN.

Dianna

My DH and I made a pact in the newborn phase that holds true to this day, anything that is said between midnight and 6 a.m. does not count the next day. We don't even speak of it. I struggle too with middle of the night wakings (which thankfully are few around here these days) and can be the biggest b*tch to DH, but I guess we'd both rather I take it out on him vs. the bbies.

18. jjzollman

I don't let my older DS watch cartoons when he first wakes up - I make him wait until the babies take their a.m. nap - then I get some quiet time, too!! :)

19. lareesab

lareesab Well-Known Member

I remembered a couple more thing...

10. I can't understand why they won't eat actual FOOD sometimes, but they always find baby lotion, vaseline, play-doh or some other non-food item really tasty!

11. I hardly ever take them outside to play b/c they always want to run from me, I feel like I am depriving them. My DH and I try to take them to the playground every once in a while in the summer.

12. Everytime they want milk or juice and I'm on the computer, they actually go to the fridge and get it out and bring to it me with their cups, it's hilarious.

20. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Oh yes I have another one that hasn't been mentioned:

I have been known to reuse a sleep sack for several nights (even tho I know that a pee diaper leaked on it!), I just figure that it has time to dry during the day and it doesn't smell, so I think its fine!

21. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinboys07 @ Mar 27 2009, 12:41 AM) [snapback]1246569[/snapback]

Umm... we're supposed to clean their toys???? I thought only day cares had to do that!
    LMAO!

22. emcavaco

emcavaco Active Member

I LOVE THIS THREAD! You know what this tells me - we are all much too hard on ourselves ladies. It also tells ME that I'm not alone and that I don't have to feel guilty for all the things I was afraid to say that all of you at some point have said on this thread. Anyway, I guess if we try to be better to ourselves and easier on ourselves, maybe we'd have more left to mother with. Good work out there!

[​IMG][​IMG]

23. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

I changed their morning diapers downstairs this morning (waited way too long) and discovered my son's had leaked all over his clothes. I took his clothes off and let him crawl around in his diaper until I took him up for his nap (and it's not exactly summer here yet). I didn't want to listen to them whine if I left them to go get clothes and I didn't have the energy to carry both with me. My daughter crawled away as I was trying to re-snap her onesie and I never went after her to fix it. So she crawled around with her onesie unbuttoned and her jammies hanging off her - the legs hanging behind her like tails.

24. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SMiLeD @ Mar 27 2009, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1246836[/snapback]
    My DH and I made a pact in the newborn phase that holds true to this day, anything that is said between midnight and 6 a.m. does not count the next day. We don't even speak of it. I struggle too with middle of the night wakings (which thankfully are few around here these days) and can be the biggest b*tch to DH, but I guess we'd both rather I take it out on him vs. the bbies.

He always tells me he would rather me take it out on him, but I feel so bad about it. I really miss sleep. Gotta figure out these sleep issues.

Dianna

25. jjzollman

I wait as long as possible to change their diapers (unless there is poop b/c I don't want them to get a rash) b/c I just get so sick of the wrestling match that will occur once I lay them down to start changing their diaper. It. Drives. Me. CRAZY!!!!!!!

26. maurahursh

maurahursh Well-Known Member

Thank god for this thread!

QUOTE(burbridgemom @ Mar 26 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1246053[/snapback]
    5. They always eat off the floor too, but I had to make it VERY clear to them that if we are at a store, you do not eat ANYTHING that is on the ground b/c they almost have a few times.

:rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Mar 26 2009, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1246292[/snapback]
    I put sippy cups back in the fridge and use them the next day again - just refill with milk

Yep, me too!

QUOTE(benderboys @ Mar 26 2009, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1246323[/snapback]
    7. I drive way too fast with them in the car and yell obscenities at other drivers...James is on his way to clearly saying "Out of the way, D*ckhead".

This will be my two very soon!

I also have to add that I am so thankful that I work. Once I was done maternity leave I ran back to work! While I certainly enjoy the weekend w/ my two by Sunday night I am wishing it was Monday already.

27. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

This is the best thread! Maybe we should do a weekly confession thread for each week. :lol:

1. I feel like I am married to the best father. I will admit that he is so much more patient than I am and he also gets up almost every single time (probably 95% of the time) in the middle of the night if one of them wakes up. He is better at getting them back to sleep without picking them up, etc. I've told him he can wake me up and he just says that I need the sleep more and he's fine with getting up. He's a much lighter sleeper. I honestly think I'm a lucky girl and I dont' feel guilty about it at all. I love my sleep. My dh also bought a plane ticket for me for my b'day to get a weekend away from the girls. He watched them and it was wonderful.

2. Even though I'm married to such a wonderful guy, I can still care less about sex - I am so tired at the end of the day.

3. I hate hate HATE diaper changes because they fuss and turn and won't stay still. If I'm running late in the morning I've been known to take the girls to daycare with a poopy diaper and claim they must have just done it on the way there when I know for a fact it was right before we left the house and I could have changed them.

4. I never wanted to be a SAHM. At one point, I thought it would be nice to work part-time (which I started doing that when the girls were 3 months) but by 6 months, I told my boss I wanted to come back full-time. I need that break during the day. I love being excited to pick them up at the end of the day. To all of you SAHM's out there, your amazing....I couldn't do it. :bow2:

5. I'm worried my girls are getting too many processed foods. But, what would they eat then? I only have like a 1/2 hour to get them dinner when I get home. I'd be lost without the Gerber Graduate meals.

6. I'm so worried that my girls might become picky eaters and not eat veggies that I always give them veggies first and once they have eaten several bites, I will then incorporate the stuff I know they especially love. They haven't shown any signs of being picky yet but I'm still cautious. They will eat anything and alot of it too.

7. Last night I forgot to brush their teeth after dinner and remembered when they were in their bath and thought one night wont' hurt.... :unknw:

8. I can't stand my SIL, who has always had everything given to her and she tries to give me advice. Ummm, she only has one kid so how can she possibly understand. My girls just turned 1 and they had a pacifier in her mouth and she says, "No, no, you girls are going to have to get that out." Ok, this coming from the mom that still feeds her almost 4-year old boy baby food veggies. ANd I mean she feeds him and he could do it himself. My girls now only have the pacifier at night and for naps. Is it really that big of deal right now?

9. I'm sooo envious of moms of singletons sometimes. It's gotten better - I was really bad about it right after the girls were born.

10. I'm terrified of something happening and often play over situations in my mind if something would happen and I was by myself how would I get us all out if I was by myself since I'm not good at carrying both of them at once - situations like house on fire, if I had to run away from someone trying to attack us, etc. Probably silly to even think this way, but if I had one child they would be much easier to scoop up, KWIM....Am I strange for thinking this?

11. I check on them a couple of times before going to bed to make sure they are breathing, etc..

12. I'm very social but I can't always do the things I used to (wonder why) and I'm afraid that some of my friends might quit inviting me since I've had to say no so many times. I still want to be asked.

13. I need to lose at least 20 more lbs. Sometimes I say no to get togethers because I don't want people seeing that I'm still lugging around 20 lbs that I need to lose.

14. My favorite times of the day are 6:30 a.m. when the girls get up and 7:00 when the girls go to bed at night.

15. Naps.....What nap schedule? We have no nap schedule. Everything else is scheduled at a specific time - meals, baths, bed, but naps are crazy - they do get them but it's when they want to nap.

16. My MIL is great and watches the girls 3 days out of the week for free (they go to daycare 2 days) but I'm afraid of my girls turning out like SIL because my MIL is the reason for that. MIL babies wayyy to much. I'm trying to get the girls to drink out of their sippie cups all of the time. MIL sometimes will tell me that one of the girls wanted them to give her drinks from her cup - MIL helping her drink from an open cup. Ummmm, NOOOO, I want them to us sippie cups on their own. See #8 about SIL. I want the girls to be independant.

17. Clean house? Maybe when I know someone is coming or it gets to the point where I can't stand it. I've had 2 baskets of laundry sitting in my bedroom that I need to put away for about a week now.

18. I've never washed hands before meals and never thought about it.

19. I can't stand moms that wash the pacifier every time it drops on the floor. Geezzz, my girls lick the floor and everything else...

I also agree with pretty much all of the other confessions on here.

28. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

I forgot one - I can stand how the girls are constantly being compared to each other just because they are twins. Yes I know Claire is bigger than Madison. People often say, "Claire is chunkier, isn't she." Actually CLaire is very average according to the doctor. Madison is just tiny. It's sooo annoying....next time I'm just going to say, "She is?!? I've never noticed!" People think that just because they are twins, they should look exactly like each other......Cmon people, don't be stupid......

29. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

First of all, I want all of you to know what a bad influence you have been on me. I wasted at least an hour at work glued to the screen reading the updates on this thread and LMAO.

There are far too many I relate to, but I had to say these really cracked me up:

QUOTE(benderboys @ Mar 26 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1246323[/snapback]
    6. I am now the queen of insane and improbable scenarios featuring toddler death...show me a boat and I can think of 50 ways for someone to get hurt/maimed/killed.

30. sruth

sruth Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing ladies. This has been a very challenging 10 months. It’s only now that I registered here for help—though I needed it all along.

1.I think about going back to work everyday to get a small piece of my life back so that someone else can deal with my day to day. Of course I could never bring myself to do it!
    2.I get envious of seeing my husband come home all dressed up (like I used to) and only dealing with the home front for just a few hours compared to my 12!
    3.Yes, I was one of those woman who knew staying home was easier…no question. I did more than eat my words on that one! I GET IT NOW.
    4.I too used to get my hair done often and spend hours in the salon. For the first time since I was 18 I’m dying my own hair from a box! (I just can’t live with my mousey blonde)
    5.I try to make my self feel better by getting dressed and doing my make –up but I basically wear the same clothes everyday and I too don’t get my showers as often as I like—my hairdryer probably thinks I died.
    6.It’s hard for me to be sympathetic to my friends with new babies…are they kidding? One baby is a joke! (Which Im sure mothers of triplets say the same about twins!)
    7.I too make up songs since I really don’t know any. I always think I should be doing more, I just don’t know what more I could be doing to make them smarter/happier. Before this I never even changed a diaper!
    8.I’m too impatient for them to grow up. Half of me wants to know what they’re thinking, I want to see them play with friends, I want to take them to all the places I loved as a child. The other half wants them to grow up so I can get my life back.

I don’t know if I feel better, but I know I’m not alone.

31. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

Oh & I got some more!

16.) Everyone thinks my house is EXTREMELY immaculate.. thank god they haven't opened the closest yet :laughing:
    17.) I make the stupidest randomest songs ever. The kids fav hit is "Monkeyyy soupie-soupie, you're diaper smells like poopie, your daddy drives a hoopdee, & your mama's kind of loopy!" Clearly.. she is.

I'll think of more!

32. Chase&Parker's Mommy

Chase&Parker's Mommy Well-Known Member

Someone else mentioned it, but this is the best thread I've ever seen on TS.

I thought we were the only family on the plant that had children eat off the floor. I'm very thankful to know that is not the case :)

I like to go to work everyday – I have 2 and a half hours of drive time/ commute for my job and that is the only time that I can think of the 1,000 things I'm supposed to be being for work or for family. Plus that is the only "down" time I have during the day. Basically, I'm gone 12 hours a day and my DH is a SAHD - I only get to spend about 2 hours with the boys each day.

Since my DH stays home with them everyday, he pretty much dictates when the boys sleep so if he wants them to get up early, we put them to bed early. If he wants to sleep in, we put them to bed later. Lately, however, we've been putting them to bed about 8:30 (but they don't go to sleep right away) and they STTN until about 9:30. If it works for hubby, who am I to complain?

Right now, there's only a few things they will eat on a regular basis. Mac and cheese, green beans (out of the can), cheese, bread, crackers, cheese puffs, and a few others are rotated. They also go to bed with a sippy of warm milk every night. That's gonna be a hard habit to break – we tired cold milk one night and they both refused.

I wish I had a dog to eat stuff off the floor, we only have cats.

My DH lets them watch too much television for my taste, but I have to admit that they don't always pay attention. He put a TV in their room, against my advice...but again, who am I to complain?

Up until a couple of months ago, we used the play-yard inside for containment, a LOT!!! The boys have more free range now, but we still use the pen occasionally.

When I'm at work, I feel guilty about being away from the boys soooo long - when I'm at home, I worry about work stuff.

33. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I recommend that those of you who wrote some things down, transfer this somewhere where your kids or yourself can read later! These are so great!!!

QUOTE(Dianna @ Mar 27 2009, 05:42 AM) [snapback]1246622[/snapback]

Dianna

We used to say we turned into the devil at night. We could get so nasty I cant even tell you. I remember if it was his turn to wake up, he would keep sleeping and I would yell at him to wake and he would ignore me and then I would kick him super hard until he woke up! Then in the morning, it would be like nothing ever happened!

34. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

ok, I only made it through page 2...I'm scared, I can't do this, I want a refund...damn, too late...

35. jjzollman

QUOTE(oh-baby-baby @ Mar 27 2009, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1247518[/snapback]
    ok, I only made it through page 2...I'm scared, I can't do this, I want a refund...damn, too late...

LOL! :lol:

You'll be fine! It is an amazing experience, like riding a roller coaster, many ups and many downs!

We are all fine - just a little, um, crazy! ;)