I don't want to jinx this...but I want to celebrate

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by lbrooks, Jun 2, 2009.

1. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Hey Ladies,

I read here a lot, but don't post a lot. You are all so great at reading my mind and posting my questions!

So, the past 3 or 4 days the girls have been giving me up to 30 minutes of playing time, meaning, they play together and are content and I can unload the dishwasher and throw in a load of laundry. It's so great. I love hearing them play together and seeing them interact and I just can't say enough about being able to complete a task without entertaining two separate toddlers.

Anyone else noticing this? It seems to be a marked change for us.

Just thought I'd share.

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Yay, Liesel!! That's wonderful!! :banana: Enjoy!

It isn't happening here yet, but I can see it getting closer. They are talking to each other more - and spending maybe 10ish minutes "playing" together.

3. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Liesel, you are my ray of hope! I cannot wait for my girls to play together, as opposed to beating each other! They do talk, a lot, in their crib but when it comes to playing, not so much.

That is so great they are playing together!! I hope it continues for longer periods of time!!

4. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

:banana: The sweet smell of freedom!! How exciting. :)

5. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:woo: What great news!! Isn't it the greatest?!?! :yahoo:

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Great news Liesel!!! I love listening to my girls play happily together too (they are playing as I type this!).

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh yes, mine play together quite often. Usually it's when they are getting into trouble or doing something they aren't really supposed to be doing, like jumping on the bed or throwing all the dirty clothes out of the hamper.