How old are you?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mommaoffour_ohmy, Sep 25, 2010.

1. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I just turned 31 with my first set and just turned 34 for my second set. I didn't want to be 31 when I had my first but that is what infertility will do to you.

2. KStorey

KStorey Well-Known Member

I was 34 when the twins were born. Our first was born when I was 26.

3. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I love this post - I always wonder how old everyone is here ... I was 36 when my twins were born and they were #3 & #4 for us. I was a month shy of 32 when I had our first child and 34 when I had our second.

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was 31 when I had A&R.

First, last, and only children.

5. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I was 30 (almost 31) when we got our twins (adopted). DH was 37. These are going to be our only kids - we had major fertility issues for years, and can't afford another adoption.

1 person likes this.
  6. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

We get ALL kinds of opinions from the general public...mostly good ones but then you always seem to get the ones that look at chidren in utter disgust. I think now we're just really used to it. At this point, we just laugh it off and it's actually become pretty amusing. I think once we had #7 there really has been very little negative feedback. People usually comment on how well behaved they are, want to know ages and then continue on. It's a good place to be after quite a few years of appalling and shocking comments. LOL!

We get alot of questions about one on one time, especially with them being still fairly young and not even having any teenagers yet. I think people just assume they're getting jipped in the deal. I've actually found that we spend more time together as a family than what an averaged size family does. When we only had a few we watched much more TV and stayed entertained by "stuff" so much more of the time. With this many we don't even watch TV and don't have to scale down on what "toys" we have competing for our attention due to budget constraints. They also spend lots and lots more time outside rather than inside in front of screens and things that entertain that way. It definitely changes your perspective and brings to light what the American standard of living is vs what is really bringing a family closer together and creating quality time. I've found that it just creates such a closer bond between all of the family members.

I know the large family is not for everyone but for those who do get to experience it, it's an amazing thing. The dynamic of it never ceases to amaze me. I think it grows each individual in the family, including each parent, into a much better person who's been taught to respect others, develop charater, carry responsibility well, and look so much farther than themselves. We feel very very blessed in every way! I really do love kids and I absoutely love having a larger sized family.

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I was 35 when the twins were born. They are our 4th and 5th. We had 3 boys, I had my tubes tied after ds#3 regretted it BAD and did IVF to hopefully have 1 more baby and won the baby lottery TWIN GIRLS!!!!

8. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

We have a pretty young crowd, not that Im suprised, but I kinda am.... in a good way its nice to know Im not the only one...wish some of you ladies lived on my street, it sure would make life easier :laughing:

9. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I was 22 when I got pregnant and 23 when I delivered. I'm 25 now :)

10. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

I got pregnant with the twins (our first and totally unexpected) at 26 and delivered them at 27. I'll be 29 in December.

11. aramis

aramis Active Member

I am 29, will be 30 when I deliver :) amazing 30th bday present.

12. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

26 when I got pregnant with the twins, 27 when they were born. 28 when I got pregnant and delivered my son 2 months shy of 29. 31 now and so far no others.... YET! LOL

13. annahs

annahs Well-Known Member

I'm 31 now and still will be when they're born. These are number 1 and 2 for us.

14. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I was 24 when I had my girls. :good:

15. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I was 31 when I had my daughter and 2.5 months shy of 38 when I had the boys.

16. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

Wow, I am feeling old! I was 30 when we did IVF, 31 when we had the kids, and 33 now. These were #1 and #2, and unless something has miraculously changed with my fertility they will be our only two!

17. sumdaet

sumdaet New Member

i'm 32, 29 weeks with boy/girl #1 and 2!!

18. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I was 36 with the 1st set of twins and a few weeks shy of 39 with the second set.

19. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I was 30 when my twins were born. They are our first and probably our only.

20. A-H-S

A-H-S Member

I was 18 when the girls were born, am now 19. they were my first (although soon after my girlfriend gave birth to babies #3 and #4).

21. michelle_m

michelle_m Well-Known Member

I'm 32, but my birthday is a week from Monday (the 11th), so I'll be 33 when the twins are born. DH is 30, but will be 31 when the twins are born unless they come earlier than 36 weeks. We're both in grad school so really waiting a few more years would have been ideal, but given my suspected endometriosis (if that's what the problem was...no one really knows), we decided it would be best to try now before the endo potentially got worse. Plus, our insurance covered almost everything with the fertility treatments except IVF.

These our are first. We're leaving open the possibility of a third a few years from now. And eventually, finances willing, we'd like to foster-to-adopt a sibling pair.

22. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

35. Hubby and I have been together for 10 years but we were never sure we wanted children. At 34 we finally decided to try for one and ended up with two!

23. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I am 22 and I was one week shy of 21 when the girls were born. I am definitely a young one!

24. tbowen614

tbowen614 New Member

I am 26 and will be when the twins are born. These babies are #2 and #3 for us.

25. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I was 26 when the girls were born. I turned 29 this August.

26. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was just a few weeks shy of 32 when the twins were born, now I am 33. I feel like I am 96.

27. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

I was 26 when my twins were born, they are our first.

28. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I was 28 when I had my boys.

29. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

OMG two sets of twins under a year? Congratulations girls. That is friggin awesome. :D

ETA: Okay, under six months even. :faint:

30. SaraSatin

SaraSatin Well-Known Member

I am 29, was 28 when I conceived but only for a few weeks. These are our second and third and we will take steps to make them our last. My husband really only wanted 2 children but was ok with 3 of the first two were girls. He is the last male in his line of the family name. If these are girls it ends with us, but he and his father are both ok with that because we shouldn't keep having kids just to try to preserve a name if we don't want a large family.

31. MamaPadilla

MamaPadilla New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only young one! I was 19 when I got pregnant and delivered and am 20 now.

32. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

I'm 42. I was 41 when the twins, conceived via IVF/ICSI, were born. They're our first kiddos & last, unless there's something miraculous in store for us.

33. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

Hi. I am 30 years old, and my twins will come around my 31st birthday!!!!

34. I'm 41 and should deliver 1 week before my 42nd birthday. First pregnancy and total shock since we weren't trying! The genetics counselor freaked me out, as she reminded me that there is 1 in 40 chance that they will have chromosome abnormality. But trying to think positive...

35. damonsmummy

damonsmummy Well-Known Member

I was 19 with my first one and then with the twins I was 25 and turned 26 just over a month after I had the boys! :)