How often do you wash your hair?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 15, 2014.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It depends on length of my hair for me. When it's chin length I have to wash it every day. Now it's shoulder length I can do about a day and a half. When it was really long last year I could do 2 full days.

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

daily (nearly - unless its days like today where I worked last night and all I did was sleep and veg so I didn't shower).  I have really nasty fine hair and if I don't wash it its just limp, flat and lifeless

3. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I wish I could get away with not washing some days but my scalp is oily (oily skin in general). Couple that with fine textured hair and styling products that I need to manage it and I could never make my hair look nice without washing and restyling. I envy anyone who can go a few days between washes as it would save me so much time.

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

have you tried to use the dry shampoo to get around watching it?  I think there are some that are supposed to absorb the oil.

5. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

^^ this, exactly.

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Every other day. My hair gets very dry easily, so any more than that and it's straw.

7. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

My kids are 6 and there is no necessity to wash their head more often than once a week. I guess after they turn 13, they will have to do it more often.

8. BillShiphr

BillShiphr Well-Known Member

Hi there. Be careful. If your kids wash their heads once a week, you should check them. There are lots of cases of lice. Some children in daycares have them. And their parents don't notice it. That's why I try to check the head of my daughter once a week. I would also recommend you to read an article about how to get rid of head lice. I hope you will not need it. But just in case, take a look at it.