How often do you bathe your twins?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by marleigh, Dec 7, 2009.

1. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

we bathed them every few days until they hit about 6 mo. at 6 mo. we started letting them lie down in the big bathtub with bubbles and they loved splashing and kicking their feet. at that time we started doing the daily bath in the evenings with them.

2. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

We've bathed our twins every night since they came home. I use lotion after their baths, and have never had dry skin problems. We do it before bed, so it's part of our routine. They are our only kids. Now, on a rare occasion, we will skip a day if we're getting home late from somewhere, and it's past their bedtime.

3. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I only bathe my 6 month olds once to twice a week and its not just because we don't have time. I have sensitive skin and eczema and I wanted to prevent skin problems so I purposely did not bathe them very often because the water and soap just dry their skin out. Until they start getting into things they really don't get dirty on a daily basis so a wipe down with a washcloth after meals is usually sufficient. When we do bathe them it is at night because I work during the day but it is not part of the bedtime routine.

4. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

My 11 month old twins get a bath about twice a week. At the beginning I did a bath every night when I was training them to go to sleep and establishing a bedtime routine....and even then on those really hectic nights I would dip their bodies in the tub for about 10 seconds and call it a bath! My 4 and 6 year daughters get a bath every other day...and occasionally go 3 days in the winter.

I do all the baths on the same night so that I can have a night or two off in between. I usually do my twins and then the older girls hop in together while I get the babies dressed.(although they almost don't fit in tub together anymore!) I recently discovered that if I split it and have one big girl and one baby that works out nicely.

It's fun to hear about everyone's different routines!

shannon

5. kerala

kerala Active Member

For a while my husband and I tried bathing our twins every night from 2.5 months on (they will be 5 months old in a week), but it was so exhausting, especially when my husband is away. I started bathing them every 2-3 nights a few weeks ago and am sticking with that. Much less stress.

6. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

Our twins are 7 months old and we are bathing them every night and have done so since day one. We also have a 3 yo and a 5yo who also get a bath every night.[​IMG]