How Many People made it past 38 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jroberts, Oct 7, 2008.

1. jroberts

jroberts Well-Known Member

We're at 37.4 today with no planned C-section or Induction. Both of my twins are head down and the Dr. is planning on letting me go until they decide to come. I was just wondering how many people made it to 38 weeks or longer.

2. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I made it to 38 + 3 days. I believe there is a mom on here who made it to 40 weeks

3. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

I pretty much did I went to 37weeks 6days and I begged to be induced, so I would have gone longer if I wasn't induced.

4. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

I was also 37w 6d. I had an OB appt that day and found I was 5 cm dilated. They broke my water for me.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wavey: I made it to 39 weeks. I think I could have gone longer but the doctor let me schedule a c/s.

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I was scheduled for a c-section (twin A was breech) at 38 weeks exactly, but the doctor turned out to be double booked.. so he delivered them at 37+5 (two days early). I was having contractions so I would have been at least close to 38 weeks. It can happen! :hug: Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.. as much as you can!

7. Queen of Carrots

Queen of Carrots Well-Known Member

I made it to 40 weeks and a day! Didn't have any false alarms before that, either. I thought they would never decide to come, but they did. :)

8. jmcnett

jmcnett Well-Known Member

My doc said she wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks, because the placenta can begin to deteriorate.

I just switched docs though, so I guess we'll see my new doc says about it.

9. horizon250

horizon250 Well-Known Member

38 wks 2 days- planned c-sec. no labor, no dilation.
    good for you!

10. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

I was induced at 38 weeks 4 days. I didn't have any contractions prior to that and was only at 1 or 2 cm. They had to break my water 8 hours after started my drip because I wasn't making much progress. Who knows when they would have come on their own. :rolleyes:

11. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I was induced at 38+6 and ended up having them by C at 39 exactly. They were VERY comfortable right where they were.

12. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

I had mine at 38+4, by scheduled c-section because both were breech. No labor, no water breaking, nothing, although by then, I was having BH every 3-4 min, but not painful and no changes to cervix.

I had my DS at 40+5

13. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I would have but we did a scheduled c-section at exactly 38 weeks. My Twin A was breech. But I had no signs of labor and was feeling really good. Huge, but good.

14. boingerhead

boingerhead Active Member

I am hoping I will go that long. Here, one of my favorite bloggers' wife went all the way and they welcomed stories from other mothers of multiples who did the same:

looky, daddy

15. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jroberts @ Oct 7 2008, 12:45 PM) [snapback]1015654[/snapback]
    We're at 37.4 today with no planned C-section or Induction. Both of my twins are head down and the Dr. is planning on letting me go until they decide to come. I was just wondering how many people made it to 38 weeks or longer.

Congratulations!!! You are doing great!!! I know that you are so ready to be done! I was schedule to deliver at 38 weeks 1 day, but they decided to come at 37 weeks 5 days! I will say that a friend of mine went 40 +1 though!!! I could not imagine going late with twins! Hers were big guys too! I would say that if you really feel like you want to be done then talk to your doctor, most will at least plan an induction date for 38 weeks if they don't make an appearance earlier! My best advice would be to just try to rest now... I know you are uncomfortable, but the days and months after they come are more exhausting than pregnancy. It is the best and most wonderful thing ever to welcome your 2 babies into the world and they will be here soon!

16. narezo0805

narezo0805 Active Member

I am 37 weeks and my induction is scheduled for 38 weeks exactly...I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

17. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

I had mine at 38+4. I was going in on that day to be induced but when I got there I was already dilated to 6cm and so they didn't need to do anything! LOL.. they were born just 2 hours later!

18. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

Scheduled c-sec at exactly 38 weeks. I was developing pre-e and was extremely uncomfortable, otherwise we might have waited to see when they'd come on their own. No signs of labor, no dilation whatsoever.

Jen

19. jdandson

jdandson Well-Known Member

I was 39 wks 2 days, w/a c-section planned at 40 weeks, was in labor and had NO idea!! I could have made it longer, but apparently my uterus couldn't or my blood pressure!

20. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I had a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks 4 days because Addison (baby A) had a low fluid level and neither were head down. I swear I think I would still be pregnant with them if my dr didn't schedule the c-section! these two were comfortable and not in any hurry!!

21. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

I know there was another thread about this somewhere recently but can't seem to find it right now.

Congrats on making it to where you are now. I promise they will come out eventually.

I made it to 38 wks exactly - the day before my scheduled c-section my water broke in the middle of the night when I got up to pee.

22. two4one2008

two4one2008 Well-Known Member

38w 6 days here. Was scheduled at 39 weeks 3 days but the little guys had low fluid the day of the u/s. They sent me to see the doctor (in the same clinic) and I was 3 cm dialated and had been contracting for two days (I'd had suspicions - but hey - I've never been in labor and it didn't feel like I thought it would - who knew?? LOL) My guys were perfectly healthy and had great weights. 5lbs 11oz and 6 lbs 8oz

GL to you!

23. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Scheduled induction at 38w2d ... not sure what would have happened if they didn't induce me ... my guess is a few more days.

24. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

I went to 38+4 but was induced. Good luck and hang in there, you are so close!

25. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

38 weeks exactly for a scheduled c-section. I still had never felt a contraction and truly believe I would have gone past 40 weeks. But there was no need - they were big and mean :rolleyes: already.

26. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

I was 39+2 the day I had my scheduled c-section. I shudder to think how much longer I would have gone, I had not one contraction and was not dilated!!

27. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I went to 38w 1d. GL!

28. cathefan

cathefan Member

I'm 38w1d...so I feel what you are feeling...
    I wonder if these babies will ever make an appearance.
    I've been 3cm dialated for over a month. No signs of labor. I think I dream about having contractions, but nothing for real.
    My doctor has no plans to induce. Both baby A and baby B are head down...so I'll just have to wait.

GL to you!!