How far along were you?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jrg9171, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jrg9171

jrg9171 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I was just wondering how far along each of you were when your bellies really took off? I'm 22 weeks now and at my 20 week U/S the babies were measuring about a week ahead but I just don't feel HUGE. Not that I'm complaing, but just curious as to how much bigger I'm actually going to get.

2. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

I grew a TON between weeks 28 and 32 total explosion of the belly.

3. Chrijodo

Chrijodo Well-Known Member

I was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 24 weeks
    3 weeks ahead at 26 weeks
    7 weeks ahead at 28 almost 29 weeks.

So I'd say about 26-28 weeks my belly exploded and it's still expanding rapidly LOL

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

It was around 30 weeks for me. I was pretty huge by week 33-34

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The twins were my second pregnancy, so I think mine exploded right away!! :laughing:
    I honestly think by 20 weeks I looked full term for a singleton! :pardon:
    I had lots of friends pregnant with singletons at the same time so I was always looked at like this :eek:

6. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

The twins were my third pregnancy so I was big rather quickly. I know that at 22-23 weeks we were in Disney World and people kept asking me if I was worried I was going to go into labor at the park. I was also questioned about my due date when I boarded the plane. Strangers all thought I was full term and might deliver at any moment.

7. PinkDiamonds

PinkDiamonds Well-Known Member

I've been 4-6 weeks ahead. At my recent 24 week with the OB, I was measuring 30 weeks. I think it's because this is my 2nd pregnancy, and everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to deliver soon because I look big.

I really wonder how big I'm going to measure at 28 weeks. Full-term maybe?

8. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I grew gradually. My belly never really took off. I measured 47 weeks when I gave birth (38 weeks).

9. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

With my 1st twin pregnancy, which were babies 4&5, I measured right on target for my gestational weeks the entire pregnancy..and they were born weighing 6'4 and 7'2 at 40 wks. With singles I usually am behind my gestational weeks by 2 cm so measuring right with my weeks was really measuring 2 cm ahead for my norm. This prenancy however, which are babies 9&10 I am measuring quite a bit larger...and was actually asked the other day when I am due...and I've still got 14 wks to go! Scary. I actually measured 10 cm at 12 wks thus we expected a single pregnancy, 17 cm at 16 wks...still expected a single pregnancy, 23 cm at 21 wks..knew something might be up so had a u/s done, and by 22 wks was up to 26 cm. I'll find out what I am tomorrow at my 26 wk appt. My guess is that I'm already in the 30's somewhere. Babies LIKE protein!!!

10. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Most people couldn't even tell I was pregnant with twins until the last trimester. It seems like I became huge overnight about a month before I had the girls, so around the 30th week give or take is when I just ballooned.

11. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

I think it was around 25 weeks that I woke up one morning and felt like.....Oh My God! Where did this huge belly come from? and it jsut got bigger from there. By 33 weeks I was onvinced there was no possible way I could get any bigger, but I did. When I was 28 weeks I started having people ask me when I was due, and then having to explain to them I was having twins.

12. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This was my second pregnancy so I got bigger faster. I would say by 20 weeks my belly was pretty big.

13. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

I started really showing around 19 weeks. By that point I was maternity pants only. Although I actually feel more uncomfortable than ever, I think my belly growth has slowed down a little in the last couple of weeks. In other words, around weeks 20-30 are when I popped out the most.

14. maeghanalyson

maeghanalyson Active Member

I've been measuring 11 weeks ahead through this entire pregnancy. SO I've felt huge since day 1. lol