How big are you?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Ice cream, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Ice cream

Ice cream Member

I'm 15 weeks and I feel HUGE! Am I the only one? I look at least 4-5 weeks ahead and gained about 15 lbs do far....
    Anyone with me here?

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I dont know how big I actually got by the end but I do remember when I was 3 months along I was bigger than my friend who was 6 months along with a singleton...we were cracking up! 

Show us a belly pic if you get a chance!! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't pay much attention to my measurements or weight gain, but my first real hint that I may have been gestating more than one was when I had a noticeable bump by 9 weeks! I remember thinking that wasn't normal. ;)

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I don't remember throughout (although I know I was always large), but at 30 weeks I measured full-term. I remember that distinctly!

5. Ice cream

Ice cream Member

And how much weight did you all gain? I feel like I'm retaining a lot of water as well...

6. lharrison1

I gained about 70 total with my twin pregnancy and about 60 with my singleton. 

7. Ice cream

Ice cream Member

That makes me feel better... How long did it take for u to lose the weight? I am in my 30s so I hope it won't be too hard!

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have no idea how much weight I gained with either of my pregnancies. With my twins, I stopped paying attention after I cracked 200 lbs and with my singleton I declined to be weighed at all. I had lost all of my extra weight from both pregnancies around the time my youngest was 18 months. But I wasn't really trying that hard. ;)

9. lharrison1

About a year I'd say...to lose it all-now I'm not even close to pre-pregnancy weight but I'm also a few years older.  I eat decent and exercise and feel comfortable and healthy so I'm not concerned with weight so much anymore.  :)

But I WAS back then, so I know how you're feeling!  Dont worry, you'll lose it!

10. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I also remember measuring full-term at 30 weeks with the twins. I did not gain a lot of weight for twins, around 11-12 kg I think (the babies were full-term but on the small side), which I lost within a couple of months. But I lose weight easily through breastfeeding, it was the same with my current singleton.

Don't worry too much about weight gain and measurements, there is a huge variety of what is normal. Eat healthy foods, stay active as long as you are allowed to and do the same after the birth.

11. Ice cream

Ice cream Member

I am currently 24 weeks and feel like a walking water balloon lol. I gained about 35 lbs so far and have 12 weeks to go. HOW much bigger CAN I get? Seriously? Does one tend to get bigger earlier on, or later on?
    Jut curious what to expect....

12. breezyweezer

breezyweezer New Member

I am 22 weeks, have gained 7 lbs. so far (was overweight to begin with) and I am huge already. I actually had a lady the other day look at my stomach, then pat hers and say "Any day now, huh?"