Hospital bedrest far from home

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mes_00, Jul 20, 2009.

1. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

Welp I got lucky and have a hospital loaner laptop! I went into my reg peri appt and left right for a hospital that specializes in multiples and high risk pregnancys.
    You can just imagine how unprepared the hubby was and stressed before the next day or two was over.

Baby B showed some heart beat abnormality so we did nsts and decided it best for me to go in. Its mostly blood flow issues from the placenta. Baby A grew fine in a week but his little brother didn't change at all.

So, here I am to stay till delivery. It all depends on that little baby B (short for BRAT!).

2. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

:hug: sorry your stuck in the hospital, its definitely no fun and by the end you cant barely look at a computer anymore, hehe. When i was in the hospital it was a bit far out there as well and it definitely cut down on the visitors i had, but you'll survive. Just remember that you're in the right place and if anything happens you're surrounded by drs and nurses that can help you. Keep those lil ones cookin!

1 person likes this.
  3. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

I got my hubby good. Told him his kids would be Kansasans. They stuck me in Overland Park Regional and so far the staff has been great.

I think I feel worse for the staff! I'm the easiest pregnancy on the floor apparently. They just basically babysit me. I'm boring compared to the rest of the unit! What a good thing to be I guess. LOL

I've had Mom move in basically to my room. She's been keeping me sane and entertained. Most of the time the nurses love her here when they discovered she's been doing my linens, getting my water/goodies, and just takes care of little stuff in general. Can't wait till they realize the hubby is exactly the same way. They let the nurses do the big stuff and take the little things off their hands.

Well, my swelling is nothing like it was before, I'm sleeping more, and they have got my chest congestion/coughing under control. I get NST's around 3 times a day I think.
    All is going well and the food is great as well. Guess I'll enjoy my little vacation since I'll never get this good of treatment again! They even give massages and physical therapy for me. Is this a hospital or a spa? LOL

4. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

Lucky you that you have family with you. I am not far away from home (actually only 20 mns away), but my husband has to take care of our son on his days off and work 12-14 hours days. So I have been feeling very lonely, but I try not to think about that too much. I have been here since 6/4 and may be allowed to go home at 32w if all remains the same, God willing!

5. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

Welp today is 32 weeks and the little guys still haven't changed. My peri's said they doubt I'll be in here a month. Good thing and a bad thing.
    So far no news or change is a good thing!

My nurses have been great and Mom just makes a trip home once a week. I worry more about her driving alone and my hubby over working himself than I do about me and babys.

The hubby never does alot when I'm home. When I'm gone... well he's laid almost 100 tile, put down tack strip for 17ft x 12 ft of carpet, moved and reorganized office stuff into spare room, has almost finished turning dining room into baby central, cleaned/defrosted freezer, cleaned fridge out, reorganized the kitchen cabinets, and no telling what else he hasn't told me yet. LOL

6. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

I had my twins at Overland Park Regional. I had good care there, of course my girls are now 7 so it was awhile ago. I hope things continue to go smoothly for you and you can carry them as long as possible.

7. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

lol on your hubby's overdrive! I bet it is hard for him being in your house all alone. Mine sleeps in the living room, because he says the house is way too quiet without me and our son there. :-(

8. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Well-Known Member

Good luck! You are doing great. I was admitted at 24 weeks and had my boys at about 32 weeks. I was almost an hour from home. I am still impressed with how well my DH did being a single dad for 2 months.

9. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Wow, maybe you can get your nails done too : LOL :