Hospital Bedrest at 30 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AFMOM, Nov 22, 2006.

1. AFMOM

AFMOM Well-Known Member

Well Here I am! In the hospital do to preterm labor. I was on Mag for 4 days. They stopped that,and now I am on bedrest with terb,and Nifedipine. Yuck, but better than mag. They also got me my steroid shots. I guess the plan of attack from here is to wait it out. If I go into labor they won't stop it.
    Just thought I would update ont my situtation.
    Hope everyone is doing well!

2. AFMOM

AFMOM Well-Known Member

Well Here I am! In the hospital do to preterm labor. I was on Mag for 4 days. They stopped that,and now I am on bedrest with terb,and Nifedipine. Yuck, but better than mag. They also got me my steroid shots. I guess the plan of attack from here is to wait it out. If I go into labor they won't stop it.
    Just thought I would update ont my situtation.
    Hope everyone is doing well!

3. Jude Rose

Jude Rose Active Member

Oh Heather, hospital bedrest sounds so hard. I hope your spirits are up. Each extra day you're in there is a beautiful gift to those babies. Hope you can stay sane and comfortable.

4. Colette P.

Colette P. Well-Known Member

Uggh! So sorry your have to be on bed rest - hang in there!

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the hospital bedrest but glad you have internet connection! Is there any chance of you going home? Your situation sounds similar to mine and after almost 2 weeks they did send me home on strict bedrest. I was nervous at first because it was soo nice knowing help was just a push button away but considering the fact I held on for another 5 weeks it was great to be home.

Please let is know how you are going! We will do our best to keep you company!

6. AFMOM

AFMOM Well-Known Member

Since I live so far from the hospital they will keep me here until I deliver or they go in to take them. I also was talking with my DRand he said that if the contractions start back up again they will start the mag again. Then at 32 weeks they will go ahead and stop mag. And see from there. Just one day at a time. That is all we can do. My poor DH is stuck taking care of the kids 24-7. We have no family near by so he has really stepped up to the plate, and is doing well with the kids.

7. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

Wow, that sounds like a really tough situation for you and your family. I'm glad to hear that your hubby is managing with the kids on his own and that everyone's doing well so far. Hang in there!

8. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it is the hospital for the duration. Glad to hear DH is doing well with the little ones. No doubt they miss you terribly but keep your eye on the goal and you will all be together soon!!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers! [​IMG]

10. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you are stuck on bedrest. I wish you and your husband the best. Sounds like you both have alot going on right now. Just keep cooking them babies.

11. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the hospital b/r. I've done that before, and it's very difficult. Sounds like your husband is a champ. Please hang in there and remember that 30 weeks is already a great milestone!

12. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

OMG Heather!!!! I can't imagine going through hospital bedrest with two little ones at home. It is hard enough WITHOUT babies at home to take care of! [​IMG] Sounds like DH has things under control. And although it has to be difficult, I am sure there is some sense of relief knowing that the doctors can be there at a moment's notice and do what they can to keep those babies inside just a bit longer. Hang in there and keep us updated.

13. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Hang in there! It's great that DH is stepping up and doing well taking care of the kids. Please continue to update us. [​IMG]

14. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Many hugs to you! I hope you can keep those babies cooking a little longer. I wish you the best!