Honey Nut Cheerios

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mamaleah, May 27, 2009.

1. mamaleah

mamaleah Well-Known Member

So my husband got up with the kids and gave them bkfast...the boys got their sisters Honey Nut Cheerios :eek: They had no reation!. Poor DH felt so bad, he usually pays more attention to "the rules" than I do. And to be honest these babies are numbers 3 and 4 so most of the rules were out the window by number 2 :rolleyes: . But I do stick to no nuts or honey til 1. Well the boys loved them! Would you continue to give them- the boys are 10 1/2 months old. Not wanting to start any major debate! Just curious what your thoughts are.

2. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

Definitely stick to the no honey rule. The issue with honey isn't an allergy one, it's because honey, even when cooked, can potentially contain botulism spores and babies under a year can become sick if exposed to them. After a year, the digestive and immune systems are strong enough that the spores no longer have the potential to cause harm.

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it, but I wouldn't give them again until they're older, for the reason PP stated.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine never liked regular cheerios, altho I can't honestly remember when I gave them the honey nut ones but I'm thinking it was before a year! :)

5. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

I give mine Multi-grain Cheerios ^_^ I love em' and so do they!

6. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did Honey Nut Cheerios early as well. I remember at their 1 year visit the pedi was going through things to avoid and I said "Well Honey Nut Cheerios are fine, right?" I think her concern was more nuts than honey, but regardless, we all survived.

And she looked at me like I was an idiot..but since they didn't have a reaction, we are fine.

7. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

I have been one of those moms that have always given the honey nut cheerios to the babies and will continue to do so. I did so with my older 2 also. They only like that kind. They have never had any reactions or anything.

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Suzy! @ May 27 2009, 05:41 PM) [snapback]1330473[/snapback]
    I give mine Multi-grain Cheerios ^_^ I love em' and so do they!

ditto - they're sweeter than regular cheerios but they don't have nuts or honey.

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

I would give them again. :pardon:

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If they had no problems with the honey nut cheerios and like them, then I would definitely give them again. Honey nut cheerios are my twosome's favorite.