Holy Cow! Im not ready!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AKilburn, Jul 17, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I just realized 37 weeks will be in 29 days! Heck 40 weeks is only 51 days ..... Yikes!!!

Thats not that far away, omg, im not ready!!!!

(Sorry had to share my little spaz moment! )

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Don't worry, none of us were ready! :lol:

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ready? Readiness is a thing of the past.

I'm still not ready.

3 people like this.
  4. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I'm only 19 weeks and have moments like that!!! Nesting at it's finest.

5. AKilburn

:rotflmbo: I love you gals! Make me feel like I'm not so weird for having little spaz moments. I'm sure there will be many more to come. I think Marshall is more ready than me, lol!!!

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm with Bex- still not ready. ;)

7. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How exciting!!! Dont worry you are going to do just great!!

PS: Is anyone ever really ready for twins???? I dont think so :p

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with everyone else, I don't think you ever truly feel ready for twins. :lol: But don't worry, you'll do great and we all figure it out somehow. :good:

9. Katheros

And if you have trouble, I only live, what, 30 minutes away if that? :)

10. AKilburn

Kate I might be calling on you just for a sanity check! lol

11. Katheros

I have three boys. I am clearly insane. :D

12. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I'm not ready either! But I'm going to make it work somehow!!

13. fruitofthewomb

fruitofthewomb Active Member

I feel like I have almost 10 weeks to go since I usually deliver a singleton at 41.5 weeks. So, no being almost 33 weeks and knowing they could come easily in 2+ weeks is just so far from me! I have the car seats ready but still need to go through clothes, etc...

14. DannyT

DannyT Well-Known Member

I had my first panic attack this week....how early did you guys put car seats in the car?

15. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I thought I'd put my car seats in really early until Paul and I were talking about it recently. He reminded me that the girls had already been born and were in the NICU when I took them to a fire station to learn how to properly install them. I'd totally forgotten!

16. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ummm I didn't put the carseats in until they were born either. And it's a good thing, since we had to buy different ones due to their size. I didn't pack a bag either and the only thing I sent someone home for was some benedryl cream (beause I had a reaction to the morphene and the nurses only would give me oral benedryl which didn't work, and the cream didn't work either FWIW), my deodorant, the discharge clothes for the three of us, and my toothpaste because the toothpaste they had was gross. I used hospital stuff for everything else. And I ended up with an awesome pair of fuzzy socks from the hospital.

17. christinam

I'm the only one that can install car seats in our house. Dh doesn't know how and has never asked to learn. So, for a singleton I install at 36 weeks. I want to think it was 32-34 when I installed the seats with the girls just so it was done. I'll probably do it around 32 this time because we'll have the passenger van and I don't want to crunch my big butt into the van trying to install bases.

18. christinam

I had a holy cow moment over night. Three months!! Ok, I have more than three but I don't count the rest of July or any of November since I'll deliver whenever in November. I'm getting freaked because we need to buy a passenger van and dh is dragging his feet.

19. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I'm packing my basic bag today for the car. We did a test run of the car seats to make sure they fit - we needed to buy a new booster to do 3-across, so I'm glad we did. My shower is today - my mom will help me finish the room tomorrow. Next week, it's a Sam's Club run for formula and things I still might need. My Dr told me average birth is 36 weeks - I might have 2 sons in 3 weeks! EEEK!!!! :)

20. christinam

That's so exciting!!!

21. AKilburn

I have my bag sitting my room but I haven't packed it yet, lol. I guess I fear if I do that then I'll go into labor, lol. We've got the carseats out of the boxes however we haven't put them in the truck yet, I don't even know if they'll fit, lmao!

22. christinam

Get those seats in!!!

I'm having an anxiety moment right now. I have SO much to do and no energy. I start schooling the kids in three weeks and our living room is being used as a storage room right now. Our school area is in the living room. I just ordered the second seat for one of the boys and I'm wondering where I'm going to store stuff! Ack!!! Nesting is crazy.

23. AKilburn

Yeah i would probably be good to make sure that they fit, lol!! Maybe I'll get Marshall on it tonight.

You deserve a superwoman award for being pregnant and homeschooling! I swear I admire everyone that can juggle work and pregnancy or kids and pregnancy or both. I have NO energy lately and I can't imagine chasing around toddlers feeling the way that I do right now. The last two days I've barely gotten off the couch or the bed and can't seem to get any energy, lol.

Somehow I've gotten everything pretty much organized which I'm surprised I've done it. I've got a few little things to do but nothing that has to be done immediately. I had to get pretty creative on the organizing bc we have a small house, but honestly I'm somewhat OCD so I got it done pretty early.

24. christinam

Im really lucky my kids all play together. They don't really care if I sit and play. There are days like today where we putter around the house and do fun stuff but usually they are good playing together.

This is our first year homeschooling. I taught preschool last year with my 5yr old but it was SO part time. I'm really looking forward to starting but am a little nervous too. I'll be teaching 1st, Kinder, and a little preschool. I made a small amount of process in the living room so I feel a little better.

25. AKilburn

I was homeschooled in elementary and part of middle ... Best education I ever had! I keep going back and forth if im going to home school thr twins.

26. DannyT

DannyT Well-Known Member

You guys are making me feel terrible. I have had a few panic attacks but they have yet to spur me to pack bags, install car seats or do anything other than wash what clothes/blankets/sheets I've gotten.

I think part of it is me not being ready for these guys to come yet and packing would in my mind imply that I was.