High maintenance

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rayceryin12, Dec 25, 2012.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Anyone else have a high maintenance baby? I need some entertainment ideas, my bag of tricks is getting empty. He is 4 months.

2. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Is he rolling over yet?
    Increased fussiness, short attention span can mean he is working on a new skill. Make sure he is getting LOTS of tummy time. If he is fussy about tummy time try to schedule it in the morning or just after a nap (times when he is least fussy). Start short and build it up, or give him breaks.

For general entertainment and 'mommy down time' this is great!
    Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym

It is not cheap but it was a life saver for me. There was a time when the only free time i had was when they were there.

You can recreate the idea by figuring out ways to hang toys above them, so they can hit them with their hands or even get them to thier mouths. Also a mirror attached under a coffee table so they can see themselves is great at this age.
    If you can swing it get the gym though.. we loved it and used it for a long time, even after they could crawl they would play with the swinging toys.

NOTE: this toy is great but used mostly laying on their back. Don't skip the tummy time. At this age it is really important! and for us the key to getting through the fussy stage.

3. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

No, he's not rolling over yet. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to try and get that mat, it looks fun! We do tummy time a lot for both.... My other has torticollis, so it's very important for him as well.

4. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

ME! Never found a solution lol, kinda just had to wait it out. Made for some really tough, not fun times :(. When she started sitting up at around 6 months she was a lot happier, so I kind of suspect she had undiagnosed reflux, although her nature is just to be fussy and more high strung. She is my CHAMPION sleeper now though so it all evens out somehow :)

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

About 4 mo I pull out the exercauser. They can't do it for long but love it.