Hi im new, im 16 and expecting triplets!

Discussion in 'General' started by Charlie16, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Charlie16

Charlie16 Member

hi guys,im very new to this but heres my story so far!
    i have just found out i am expecting triplets! i am 16 (but will be seventeen when i have them) and am currently just finishing my GCSEs this july. i am 9 weeks gone and am so worried about what is going to happen to me and them. i cannot get an abortion and i really wanted to try bring them up for myself. my boyfriend is standing by me one hundred percent but its the money side we are going to struggle most with. we have told his parents but havent told mine yet as they are having there own marrital problems at the moment. as you can imagen i am already fairly big as was wondering if any one has pics of triplet baby bump as the size factor is one of worries. being only 16 im still growing and am only 5.2' and cannot even imagine how big i could get!
    thanks for any help and really appreciate support right now.
    Charlie x

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Welcome to TS! I think you need to tell your parents as soon as possible. You are going to need their support for sure, and you will not be able to hide being pregnant with triplets for much longer. Obviously you have been to the doctor to know that it is triplets, but it is VERY important to keep your pre-natal appointments with multiples. It is a higher risk pregnancy, even moreso with trips than twins, and your docs need to monitor you closely to make sure everything is ok with the babies and mom. Do they have you coming every 2 weeks or month now? Take care of yourself and please keep us updated on your progress.

We have a Big Sister program here at TS that I think you would really benefit from. We will match you up with a mom of multiples that will help answer some of your questions along the way. Click on the link in my signature for more details.

ETA...sorry if I sounded mom-like! I am worried about you, and we are here to help you through this! :hug99:

3. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

Hi Charlie!
    wow - trips at 16! You will have your work cut out for you. That is great that your BF is standing by you. That is really important. But you will need your family support, so you need to tell them. I am also preg with trips, and you will start showing soon. I hope your doctor refered you to a perinatologist (high risk OB). Since you are short, you will have a harder time carrying them (from what I am told...). Here is a link to a lady that had triplets. It's pretty cool to see how she grew...Triplet Belly

Here is a picture of me at only 7 weeks. But I am a fluffy gal and have had other babies, so I pooched out sooner than some.

Please feel free to PM me any time. i will be happy to chat with you. Good luck!

PS - how did you find out so early?? That is amazing that you already know, most people don't find out so soon. I only knew because of IVF they check that stuff early. :D

4. Charlie16

Charlie16 Member

hi guys thanks for the support and info, little bit more scared bout the size thing after seeing those pics but the doctor already said i would have to go on bed rest from around 25-30 weeks depending on the development. i am currently having appointments every 2 weeks as it is such a high risk with both the number of babies and my age but i dont mind as long as they are healthy.
    matt (my boyfriend) and i are going to have a bbq today to break it to my parents so i will no how they feel later on today so very nervous. once i tell them i think alot of stress will be over and i can concentrate on growing my babies healthy and strong! i found out so early as i thought i must have been around 15-16 weeks coz of the bump and suffering alot from all day sickness lol

and thankyou and i will keep u up to date on how it goes!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

Good Luck Charlie, you are doing the right thing. Let us know how it goes. :hug99:

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Best wishes - you probably want to join the Expecting Forum!!

I had "all day sickness" for my entire pregnancy, so I hope you don't have that issue!! I hope that it goes away for you!! :hug99: Try to take good care of yourself!!

7. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to wish you well with the babies and telling your parents. I was pg at 16 and telling them was so incredibily hard, but I didnt have 3, well at least I never will know. Sadly I lost that baby....

You will need all the support you can get and I am glad that you have a great guy by your side.....

8. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say good luck telling your parents.

I can't imagine having to do that at 16.

:hug99: to you. Be strong.

9. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Good luck and keep us posted. I hope everything goes well.

P.S i noticed you are taking your GSCE's, where in England are you? I am in Scotland x

10. Charlie16

Charlie16 Member

QUOTE(Twinnylou @ Jun 10 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]286939[/snapback]
    Congratulations!! Good luck and keep us posted. I hope everything goes well.

P.S i noticed you are taking your GSCE's, where in England are you? I am in Scotland x

Hi yeah im in hertfordshire in the south east! i did wonder if there was only americans on here!

11. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Just had to jump in and say I'm from Manchester, England. Although living in Canada now.

Congratulations to you.

Have u told ur parents yet. Good luck

amanda

12. Twinnylou

Cool!! Well good luck with your GSCE'S! x

13. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on expecting triplets. Man what a shock that must be.
    Did you tell your parents at the bbq today?

Tiffaney
    GSCE's is that like the GED here?

14. dizzyhay+2

dizzyhay+2 Well-Known Member

I sent ya a private message telling a bit more then what id post here and will mroe so later. Im not quite as young as you but i have 16 month old twins and another set on the way. I had the same problem finances, parentals...only difference my boyfriend ditched me when we found out it was twins.......both times. So im doing it completely on my own.

Just dont let anyone discourage you, no matter how hard it is, it is possible......

Good luck with everything!! And hopefully ill hear more from you!

15. Charlie16

Charlie16 Member

:cray:
    Ok so i built up the courage to tell them and well the best way to start is that im writing this from Matts house!! as u can imagine it didnt go down well at all, we tried to think of a nice way to tell them but that didnt really happen.
    We sat down for the BBQ and everything was going well, when offered some wine i said no (thought they might click but no) i had inhaled numerous burgers, chicken legs and was then moving on to the sauages when my mum said i should lay off the food as i had started getting fat!! yes she called me fat!! (shes not the skinnest thing in the world!) and i guess it was the hormones or that i had over thought wot i was going to say but it all just sort of come out! i told her that i wasnt getting fat and that it was my body protecting my babies, then all **** broke loose! she shouted out me demanding i told her what i was talking about so matt stepped in and filled them but before he even had a chance to say it was triplets she was screaming about how much of a slut i was and that i was a let down to the family.

my dad grabbed her and took her in the house before any plates got smashed, after he had calmed her down he came out and sat down next to me very calmly and said that she needs time to get used to it and that it was best i got some things together and stay round matts till she is ready. this was all upsetting but once i had packed my bag i went to leave and hug my dad. he seemed a bit hold back, then wen he pulled away he put his hands on my shoulders and said 'im not upset but i am so disappointed in you' this was ten times worst then anything my mum said!!!

i cried all the way back and am writing this surrounded by used tissues. i feel so bad for feeling happy, this is the most joyful things that has happened to me and its like no one else feels the same way! i no that you are all very supportive on here and i am very grateful but i really need my family to stand by me! i havent told my friends yet so that will be the next thing i do tomorw and letting the school know but right now i just wana curl up and forget everything! i can only hope things will get better with time

16. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it didnt go well. :hug99:
    Once your parents have time to think things over they will come around. It's just hard as a mom because we have all these hopes for our kids (you will understand this soon enough) and 16 and pregnant isnt always at the top. ;) So did you ever actually get out that it was triplets?
    I cant tell you how proud I am of you though. Personally I think you are already showing that you are ready to be a mom. Yes you didnt tell your parents right away but you did go to the Dr and have already gotten prenatal care. That in it self is a great thing!!! I have know women years older than you that didnt even get prenatal care till almost the end. You should be very proud of yourself!!!
    Even if your parents dont come around thats ok too. (But I am sure they will they have 3 grandkids on the way) You can do this!!! We are here for you. The important thing now is taking care of you and those precious babies.
    You can tell your boyfriend that I am also very proud of him for stepping up and being a man. It is awesome that he is there for you!!!
    Good luck tomorrow. The hard part of telling people is over. Your parents would have been the toughest to tell.

:hug99:

Tiffaney

17. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it didnt go as planned with your family. give them some time. this is really big news that they need to digest. Please PM me if you need anything! :hug99: Think about joining the big sister/little sister program. since I am preggo with trips, I can take you and help you out if you like. Good luck with everything.

18. becky5

becky5 Guest

I'm sorry it didn't go well. I think you probably expected it though, although I am sure it was hard to hear. They will come around. Please continue to take care of yourself, eating right, drinking lots of water, and resting as much as possible. Keep us updated on your appointments and such. Hang in there.

PS...Are you 15 or 16? I was just wondering, as your profile doesn't match what you said in your post?

19. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

Hi Charlie and welcome to the board!!

Congrats on trips but sorry about your family!!!!

20. Alyson

Alyson Well-Known Member

(((big hugs))) Your parents will come around eventually. Give them a bit of time to adjust. You have just dropped a bombshell.

Welcome to TS and Congrats on the trips.

And remember we are all here to help you get through this.

21. Don2worrybhappy

Don2worrybhappy Well-Known Member

Hi, Charlie.

Welcome and congrats on your babies! Wow, you have so much on your plate right now. You seem like a mature, responsible young woman. I'm sure you're going to make a great mommy! Ya know, your family might not ever come around, mine never did (other reasons than teen pregnancy). I really hope that they do for you becuase you're going to need all of the support you can get through this pregnancy and help when the babies arrive would be nice, too. Then again, you might want to think about what you would do if they don't come around. Please, don't listen to your mother calling you names. How awful. You don't need more stress on top of a high risk pregnancy. My heart goes out to you.

We'll be moving to England in August of 2008. My husband is in the Airforce and we're going to Mildenhall. Is that anywhere near where you're at? Too bad that we're not there now, I'd have to adopt you!

Best of luck and wishes to you, your babies, and your boyfriend. Please keep us updated often.

22. Twinnylou

Oh Charlie im sorry about they way they acted! I bet to them you are still their little baby with you being 16 and i bet if you give them so space and time they will come round. I was obviously a big shock to them. If you want to pm just for a chat or anything feel free. Big :hug99: to you x

23. Charlie16

Charlie16 Member

hi becky!
    good job u pointed that out i hadnt noticed! i was in a rush doing it yesterday and clicked on the wrong year lol.
    i feel alot better today after sleeping on it and thinking about the babies which are the most important thing now, i am going back to school today to sort out my education next year. i have also decided to ask my mum to come with me to the nest appointment on the 21st so that she feels more involved and hopefully excited about them!! i have a pretty full couple of weeks with the exams but i will be revising from my couch surrounded by books food and water to make sure i am rested!

24. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Charlie!

As if having triplets isn't enough...and at 16...I sure hope mom comes around.

What other support do you have? Give the BF a big hug!

25. becky5

becky5 Guest

Charlie, I think that would be great if you could get your mom to go with you to the appointment. There is nothing like seeing your babies on that monitor!

26. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

dont forget if she dosnt go this time.. dont stop asking.. time heals everything.. im a firm beliver and servivor of time vs mom..

stay healthy and calm.. i pmed you.. write back soon.
    m

27. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

Charlie,
    I just wanted to give you some insight from your mom's side... I feel like I was kind of in your moms shoes when my dd told me she was pregnant with the boys. I was really disapointed at first, I felt she was "ruining" her life, she needed to get her degree (she was 21 when pg and 22 when she had them). We didn't speak for about a week. In the meantime she went to her ob appt and found out it was twins and well... the rest is history. She is doing great, getting married in two weeks, Ricky (dad) is a great father and while they struggle, they are making it. Your mom will come around, if theres any time you need her it's now...
    Keep us posted, you will have a hundred "mothers" here at TS!
    Lindy,
    Mom to Stephanie and Nana to

28. twingirls52905

twingirls52905 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS and congratulations on your triplet pregnancy! I am sorry that it's not going well with your mom. Hope that gets better!

29. twinmamaheidi

twinmamaheidi Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I am sorry things didn't go well with your family but once they calm down I am sure they will come around. I am glad you have his family's support. Do you have any other friends or family that can help you out. We are here for you like everyone has said! :)

30. Charlie16

Charlie16 Member

Hi guys, thanks for all ur support! u dont no how much i appreciate it!!!

i told my friends and school yesterday.
    i took my three best friends to one side and told them the good news! i think i have gone deaf from the high pitch sqweeling lol, it was so good to hear and to know i have more support. amanda (my best friend) had suspected but never for one minute thought of there being more then one lol! i told them to keep it quite for now as i had to talk to my tutor and other teaches so that i can sort out what are my options for next year.

i talked to mrs williams (my tutor) and told her what is happening, im lucky in that i have always gonna on with the teaches as i do want a pass my exams and have already been chosen to be a prefect for next year (wonder if they will still let me lol!) she said that i would be welcomed back as i am predicted b's and c's so i have the grades to get in. although the school doesnt have child care facilites she did say that i can apply for help and that i could get extra money for a nanny or day care centre which would really help! matt is starting a job working in HSBC bank so that will help keep us going so that i can carry on my education so i will need someone to look after the babies throughout the day.
    i only have 4 weeks left at school but i am already growing out of my uniform so this could be interesting lol!!

31. flamsterette

flamsterette Well-Known Member

Wow. You have a lot going on there! Sorry it didn't go well with your parents, but getting them more involved will help!

32. yeytheirtwins91907

yeytheirtwins91907 Well-Known Member

Congrats! I understand how you feel. I'm a little bit older (19)! And was in my first year of college. My parents were disappointed at first but, have since came around. Tyler (my fiance) has already been great and I think they see that. Keep bugging your mom to go if she decides not to go. Taking my mom with me to appts. I believe is what has made her so excited. If you ever need to talk you can PM me and I will be more than happy to listen well read about anything you need to get off your chest!

33. louise davies

louise davies Well-Known Member

Hi, Charlie, are you an American living in the UK? Just that you write like one.
    I'm surprised you are doing your GCSE's in July, they are usually done in May and June .
    But wow, managing all that party food with bad sickness, credit to you!
    I look forward to hearing of your progress.

34. Charlie16

Charlie16 Member

QUOTE(louise davies @ Jun 13 2007, 01:53 AM) [snapback]289947[/snapback]
    Hi, Charlie, are you an American living in the UK? Just that you write like one.
    I'm surprised you are doing your GCSE's in July, they are usually done in May and June .
    I look forward to hearing of your progress.

Hi louise i live in the UK in the southeast

35. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Are GCSE's like exit exams (finals) for each grade? Good luck with those!

LOL Louise I was thinking the same thing. Remembering back to my days of morning (all day) sickness. Food was definitely not my friend. :bad: Has it started to pass for you yet Charlie?