Here I go again! I am so excited and nervous!

Discussion in 'General' started by Heathermomof5, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My FET is scheduled on Nov 11 ! I was not going to tell anyone but I just cannot keep it in any longer! I am SO excited and want to have a party but at the same time I am so nervous I could :bad: . I have GOT to loose this anxiety!!! Nov 11 seems like 1,000yrs away HOW will I EVER make it through the 2week wait if I am this anxious already?!!

and another thing!!! My dr insists on 2embryos I want 1. I would do 2 but I think it would completely FREAK Travis out if we had another set of twins! I want to transfer 1 but I am so afraid that I will wish I had transferred 2. anyone have a crystal ball??

Please keep me in your thoughts and/or prayers!!

:hug:

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am soooo excited for you! I would want to put one in but would put two in. Last year I had a consultation with my Dr and told him I did not want twins again and he still said when the time came, I should put two in. Although in my case, the twins did not come from two embryos. It is such a hard decision. I wish you the best and will be thinking of you in the coming weeks!!!!! :hug:

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Aaaahhhhh!!!!! GOOD LUCK!! I will send lots of positive vibes your way. :hug: :hug:

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck! Sending positive thoughts your way, Heather!!

5. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

good luck!!! wow, the 11th will be here before you know it! are they day 3 or 5 embryos? I don't know what to say for putting 1 or 2 back... such big decisions!

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:hug: good luck Heather!!!

Personally I think you should listen to your gut. If you are thinking 1 embryo that's what I would do. Trust yourself.

1 person likes this.
  7. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Such a tough decision!! I will be thinking of you, sending good thoughts your way!!!

8. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your decision to have more. I have always wondered after the twins if I could handle having more mentally and physically. Sending positive wishes your way and hope everything works out for you. Try to relax and maybe pamper yourself after the FET.

9. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Good Luck!!!

We did the same thing for out FET and the DR said we could decide the morning of, but given what he knew now we would put back one....but he had to 'dethaw' two since that was how they were stored. Needless to say neither survived the thaw- which is VERY uncommon!

We were going to put back one unless both were 'low' on the grading scale.

Try not to worry until you HAVE to make a choice!!! Keep busy, it will make the time go by fast!

10. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

Good luck!!! I would probably go with the doctor's recommendation. Obviously you want 1, but maybe you can look at it like would you rather have 2 or 0? If you'd rather have 2 over it not working out, than I'd put in two. If you really just don't want twins again and would rather it not work out over having twins, then I'd put back one.

I will be going back in the near future too - probably sometime this winter. We have 2 embryos left, so I'm putting them both in - but I will be terrified if we have twins again. So I guess I'm not even following my own logic! But I don't see myself wanting 2 more pregnancies and going through this process 2 more times. I'm really trying to go with the mentality that whatever happens, is meant to be. But I know I'll be a basket case the same as you, when the time comes!

11. Heathermomof5

day 5. they are taking a flight from Atlanta to KC tomorrow! that was another stressful part of this whole ordeal! It took 500 phone calls leaving messages with no return calls and finally a nurse from the RE's office in Atlanta called the RE here and said that they would be shipped out on the 2nd so I called to see about paying for the flight but of course I had to leave message #501!! 2 minutes later they called me back - because they knew money was involved. It was very frustrating! I just hope that all works out and they get here safely!

I will probably go with 2. It scares me. I got so lucky with A&A, my pregnancy was easy compared to a lot of you guys, A&A were big babies and came home with me. I am terrified of doing 2 because of that and because of Travis, but last time (I did a FET last summer) the embryo was a very healthy beautiful embryo and it did stick but never grew. The RE here said that is pretty common with FETs and I would rather have 2 more babies than none. He said that in 20 years and thousands of FETS, he has had one set of triplets and one set of twins the rest were singletons. and hey, I have 2 sweet helpers this time around! I am sure that I will never have to go get a diaper or figure out what the babies will wear! BUT I am GLAD I do not have to make the final decision until the very last minute!

yesterday at church Ava (who knows nothing about our FET plans) told the youth pastor that I was going to have a baby. The youth pastor (we have not told her about the FET either) questioned Ava and Ava said yep! and it's going to be a boy!

Thank you all for your good wishes and thoughts I REALLY NEED them!!!!! you guys are my support group :grouphug: ! I have told one person IRL - but except for her we are keeping this hush hush because we don't want any of my family to know. (I have enough stress!)

12. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Lots of good luck wishes to you!!!!!!

13. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Wishing you lots of luck woman. :hug: :hug: :hug:

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lots of luck Heather! :hug:

15. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Good luck!!!!

16. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

YAY! I just saw this!! Good luck!! Many, many positive vibes coming your way! And I too would do two. It would all come down to how many you have frozen, etc, but I would lean towards two as well.

Only nine more days to go!!! How was the flight?!?!

17. twoplustwo

Heather, Shortly after we decided to try for #3, we talked to our first 2 about it since they would see me going to the doc a lot and getting shots etc. My ds who was 3 at the time said, "we are going to have 2 babies, a boy and a girls." Dh and I laughed and said, "no sweeties, just 1 baby!" 5 months later we found out we were pregnant with twins. As you know we have a boy and a girl. Don't discount your dd!

1 person likes this.
  18. Heathermomof5

LOL! I was just about to PM you to ask you about 1 or 2 !! and the flight must have been good! they are here!!

That is too cool!!!

19. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Good luck Heather!

20. Heathermomof5

Thank you all!! I went to the dr today and so far so good! They did an ultrasound to look at the lining of my uterus - it was good and my estrogen level was good too! My embryos arrived safely in KC and there is one "straw" with 2 embryos that were frozen the day we transfered Ava and Addison's embryos (4-26-06) and they have not ever been thawed. the rest of them were thawed and refrozen last summer when I did the FET that ended in miscarriage. The embryologist told me today that we would thaw the two that are together in the "straw" that were frozen 4-26-06 he feels like they would have a better chance at survival. If they do not survive the thaw we will move on to those that have been thawed and refrozen. Our big day is the 11th! :D

21. TwinLove

:Clap: I'm glad everything is looking good!! :hug: :hug:

22. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Oohh.. how exciting!!! I would go with your gut... but then again, I'd say 2 with your recent history. :hug:

23. maybell

wow the 11th is coming up!!!

24. Heathermomof5

tomorrow is my day!! :yahoo:

25. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I hope it goes well tomorrow.

I'm superstitious, so try not to get overheated. I swear that's why my first IVF didn't work. It was freakin' 90 degrees, and I had to take the subway from Manhattan to my house. The second transfer was on a nice early fall day, and it was rainy.

26. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

GOOD LUCK today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. TwinLove

Good luck today. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

28. Heathermomof5

THANKS!

We transferred 2 embryos today. One looked better than the other and neither were top quality. Dr Starks said that he felt the possibility of twins again was very, very low. so now we wait!! please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

29. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Many many good thoughts are headed your way! :grouphug:

30. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Definitely keeping you in my thoughts Heather!! :hug:

31. twoplustwo

Thinking of you today Heather. Keep us posted!! :hug: :hug:

32. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sooo exciting!!! Sending positive thoughts your way!!!!!

33. maybell

wow!! so... the big question, when will you test?? the 11th was a "day 5" transfer, right?

will you hpt before a blood beta? some women don't want to, others like me can't stay away from the hpts!

wishing you stickie vibes!!!

34. Heathermomof5

Thanks!!

my beta is Friday the 19th. it was a day 6 transfer. I have several other embryos however, all but the 2 we transferred were frozen, thawed, and refrozen. The 2 we transferred were just frozen on the day we transferred the twins (4-26-06) so this was the first time they had thawed. The embryologist felt like they would give me the best chance. When they thawed these two they were not as perfect as the girls were or the one I transferred in the summer of 09 (I lost that one) so we decided to go ahead and transfer both. As much as I did not want another set of twins 3 days ago, I do now.!!

as far as the hpt goes I probably will but I am so freaking terrified of a bfn that I don't know when. probably 5dp6dt?????? what do you guys think????

35. twoplustwo

No advice here, totally afraid of the BFN here too. I did test with the twins the morning I went to get tested because I coundn't wait and there was a very faint bfp. Either way. let us know.